Lightning

The BULLET IS ON!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002 | 08:08 AM
Rest In Peace
Wink

I loved my Bassani Cat-Back and that was loud. But then i got JDM's Long tube Headers and High Flow Cats up to my Bassani Cat-Back and the sound is just sick. It sounds like a wild animal and is about 10 times more louder i love it . I swear you can hear me over 2 blocks away coming HEHE .

Old 09-18-2002 | 08:15 AM
Flowmasters sound great on 5.0 Mustangs, they have a droney annoying sound on the Lightning.

I have Basssani high flow cats, JLP/LPP Long Tubes, and a Bassani Catback. It sounds great, very loud, and has no drone at all.

Old 09-18-2002 | 09:47 AM
Corsa is about to introduce a system that will set a new standard. 316 Stainless 4" tips, dual and will be tuned by their sound cancellation technology which means you can eliminate the frequencies that you don't like and keep the ones you like. I have heard this system on vettes and vipers and IMO nothing even comes close.

That's the one I've been waiting for.
Dion

Old 09-18-2002 | 11:16 AM
I just ordered a Corsa exhaust for my Caddy STS...sounds sweet.

Daniel

Old 09-18-2002 | 11:19 AM
Originally posted by thepawn

Daniel
Of corsa you did.

Old 09-18-2002 | 11:37 AM
Originally posted by thepawn

Daniel
OH NO, it's started ...

Old 09-18-2002 | 11:42 AM
you guys are killing me, I can't wait to get my silver bullet, ordered about 5 weeks ago, I have been somewhat patient so far, but am getting very itchy, especially reading posts like this, the UPS man drove up while i was reading this post, got me all excited, wasnt the bullet though, but is was the bedrug i ordered on monday, that should keep me occupied for another day.

Old 09-18-2002 | 01:12 PM
Rest In Peace
Wink

The Bedrug will take you 20-30 mins depending on how fast you are. Then once you are done you will be like next mod. No way it will keep you occupied for a day. Once you have the mod sickness there is never enough you want them all now HEHE .

Old 09-18-2002 | 01:20 PM
bedrugs installed

Old 09-18-2002 | 01:55 PM
after i finished installing the begrug this morning i called up the guys at JDM. of the last batch of exhausts that shipped out i guess i was the cut-off, i ordered 5 weeks ago, they said they had one coming back from florida, a return i guess, and they would ship that right out to me when it came in, that was last Friday the 13th, so i would have it by monday or tuesday the latest. when i talked to them this morning they said they put the one that came in from florida on a truck that came to the shop, lol, and the new batch will be started shortly, actually late next week when the person who builds them comes back from TX. so its going to be another 2-4weeks. hey what do i need an exhaust for anyways the front pass. side tire on the truck was dead flat when i woke up this morning so i can't drive it anyway, haha. maybe ill just take the stock muffler off in the meantime to get it to sound better...=O)

Old 09-18-2002 | 02:03 PM
Banned
Thats pretty ****ty of JDM. I dont understand how they can operate like that. People wait weeks even months for parts and.......someome comes into the shop and get them right away.

Old 09-18-2002 | 04:35 PM
DO NOT take off the mufflers! Holy cow.. the other day, after changing the oil... I was like,... hmm, let's take em off just for the heck of it. So I unbolted the mufflers... and essentially had dumps. When I drove the truck I would actually get sick to my stomach the sound was soooo deep and droning. Sounded BAD AS HEII from the outside though! Couldn't stand it, and put them back on that evening.

Old 09-18-2002 | 04:58 PM
yeah i was just kidding about taking off the muffler, and i still think that JDM is a good company and the guys are good, i received my chip from them on monday and my truck runs great, i was planning on putting a 4lb pulley, but since i got the chip i think it will be a waste, the truck loses all traction shifting into second at WOT, and forget about WOT of the line, that is with just a chip and trans mod. 4# and forget about it. i just want my exhaust. JDM makes great stuff, just some of the guys are a bit clueless when talking to them. if i sound like im dumping on JDM im not, im just impatient and having a bad day.

Old 09-18-2002 | 05:27 PM
Originally posted by wkuper11
yeah i was just kidding about taking off the muffler, and i still think that JDM is a good company and the guys are good, i received my chip from them on monday and my truck runs great, i was planning on putting a 4lb pulley, but since i got the chip i think it will be a waste, the truck loses all traction shifting into second at WOT, and forget about WOT of the line, that is with just a chip and trans mod. 4# and forget about it. i just want my exhaust. JDM makes great stuff, just some of the guys are a bit clueless when talking to them. if i sound like im dumping on JDM im not, im just impatient and having a bad day.
I just got mine a few days ago. Same story, delayed a few times and finally got it after 5 weeks... I got one of the last ones in that batch before the guy left for TX I was told by someone when I finally called, because I couldn't stand the wait anymore (and they stopeed responding to my emails). I understand they are a custom built item, but the thing I don't get is why they don't keep extras in stock ready to ship. No-one likes waiting over a month for an item, and now it looks like you will be waiting almost 2 months or more. That's ridiculous and no way to run a business. Even worse is if they lied to you, by promising the returned one to you and then giving it to someone else who wasn't already waiting a month! If it's any consolation, the JDM exhaust is fantastic looking, great quality and much lighter than stock! In 10 minutes I am going home to install mine actually... spent last night cursing while wrestling off the OEM system. When you finally get yours in, send me an email and I will give you some tips I will hopefully get tonight from installing it. I do know one thing, I will be hesitant to order from them again, quality items or not... I have ordered items from 4 other companies for my L and have received my stuff in a week or less (heck, I ordred a TB from Lightning Force and got that in 2 days!)

Quick Reply: The BULLET IS ON!!!!