Lightning

what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002 | 01:07 AM
|
what should i do

well when i got my lightning like 4 months ago i got a bug deflector because i didnt want to get chips on my hood. but the this is the bug deflector was rubbing on the grill and it was chiping the paint away. so i went back to the dealer and they said oh sorrie and they give me a new one. since i didnt want this ***** to happen again i out double sided tape on the deflector but when i opened the hood today there was even a bigger chip on my grill. so my question is what should i do???? does Ford have some kind of policy i want my grill repainted?? can this be done
thanks

Old 09-18-2002 | 01:34 AM
Get rid of the bug deflector. I have 40000 miles on my Lightning and only a few small pits..go to your dealer and have their touch up guy air brush it..then build it up with some clear coat..The only bug deflector I ever saw I liked was a clear one painted like an American flag....My neigbors..the painter. Thoses deflectos look sad on a good looking truck like our Lightnings...just wax alot and wash often..aren't you obsessive enough yet?
Just my opinion of course....If you don`t want rock chips..look into the plastic shield **** thats sold here and there. What do you plan to do about the rest of the front end?Believe me, The Bumper sheath will look ragged long before the leading edge of the hood does..Hell buy an aftermarket hood when you are dissatisfied with the stock one having been rock chipped....Better yet just have it painted every couple years....enjoy it.
I think if you bought the deflector from Ford along with the truck...they usually warranty that sort of add on.

Last edited by Twisted99; 09-18-2002 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2002 | 01:52 AM
|
yea i dont really like the bug deflector either and i want to get rid of it but if i do now the big *** cip will show its freaking huge. and also i do love washing my truck i try to do it three times a month
well i want to make sure i can do something about it before i go back i dont want to look stupid and not know what im talking about
thanks
and take care

Old 09-18-2002 | 02:12 PM
|
well i need more responses. so do u think that i can get the dealer to pay for the paint??? im planng to go this afternoon. thanks

Old 09-18-2002 | 02:55 PM
Well....I guess if they installed it then I guess they should be held responsible...then again...what do I know.

Old 09-18-2002 | 03:08 PM
Ford installed some ground effects on my Lightning and they have scuffed the paint a little. The bed liner which was installed at the dealer has scratched the paint also. I want a new paint job.

Old 09-18-2002 | 04:12 PM
some advice...

Get rid of the bug deflector... they look like chit IMO..!

-Mike

Old 09-18-2002 | 05:09 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
Ford installed some ground effects on my Lightning and they have scuffed the paint a little. The bed liner which was installed at the dealer has scratched the paint also. I want a new paint job.
Really? It shouldnt scratch the paint job....

Old 09-18-2002 | 06:26 PM
how come i didnt get thise ground effects? im taking my truck back.....

Old 09-18-2002 | 08:12 PM
|
well went throught hell at the dealer. they told me that the only thing they can do is give my money back so i was like ok. then i asked about the chips on the grill and they say that cant do anything about it. thats when i was like wtf. after i got home i called ford and they said nothing can be done. so what im going to do is email Ford and bitch. but whatever i an never going to buy ford accessory part again. dang!!!
well just wanted to vent thanks

Old 09-18-2002 | 08:45 PM
Go out a do a burn-out That allways makes me feel better

Old 09-18-2002 | 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Go out a do a burn-out That allways makes me feel better
Lol. The guy is so mad he won't let off the accelorator. Next thing you know, he will hit a tree or loose 2 tires... nice cloud of smoke, then BOOM!

-Mike

Old 09-19-2002 | 01:10 AM
|
thats what i did as i was getting out of the dealer i did a little burn out it made me deel better
hehe
thanks