Lightning

learned something today, PCM

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002 | 01:16 AM
|
learned something today, PCM

after you take your chip out and reset the pcm (unpluging the battery for 30 minutes) your pcm will give a p1000 code, to get rid of this you must drive it a while and up to three different times.

after the pcm goes through its checks the p1000 code will go away, making so that the dealer can't see mods to the pcm. and i've never seen once a machanic actually wanting to take the time to open a pcm box to see if it has had chip installed or not. but i know it could happen

Old 09-18-2002 | 09:52 AM
The P1000 code has nothing to do with chips or mods. The P1000 code just means that the PCM has not completed a full OBDII drive cycle. A drive cycle means the PCM has successfully gone through every one of it's 8 OBDII test procedures in one key cycle. Once you shut the key off, it starts over. But if it completes a drive cycle, it shuts the P1000 off until a battery reset. The P1000 code means nothing to a tech. Of all the years I've been working on OBDII Fords, I have NEVER put a scan tool on a vehicle that didn't have that P1000 code. You can drive nonstop across the country and still not go through all 8 tests.

Quick Reply: learned something today, PCM