Lightning

I am putting my flame suit on because

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:12 AM
|
I am putting my flame suit on because

my wife and I just got back from a week of vacation in Hawaii(Big Island).. as a treat I upgraded the rental car to a Mustang Conv. Granted it was a V-6, you dont need more since there isnt anywhere to get one going fast and virtually all the roads are two lanes only.
But I have to say, it is a POS!!! My L is sooooo much better made than that thing.. I also have to say that I have an '89 GT Conv at home and its a ton better than that rental.. Also the rental only had a few thousand miles on it so its not like its been beaten down by a ton of folks..
My concern is that any thoughts I might have had on getting the new hot Stang have been quickly dashed.. these things are crap..
Flame On!!!
Dana

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:16 AM
Db,

No flame here....but didn't you just love sitting on the pier in kona......I love that island...my dad still lives there.

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:17 AM
Better than a Crapmaro, but yep, overall interior fit and finish is a step below an L. Still a step up from the SN95 body style, but definitely some room for improvement.

Then again, pretty much every decent import I have owned has better fit and finish than my L. My 1990 300ZX TT put the interior quality of the L to shame, as does my current '02 Miata. So its all in your perspective, and what you got the car for in the first place.

I still liked my '01 Gt and '01 Cobra, but I much prefer the '02 Lightning, for feel, speed, and hauling ability. Hadn't even thought about trading for an '03 Cobra, in my opinion all it has is more speed and less room, plus a less comfortable interior.

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:18 AM

You just said you love your L and you expect us to flame you........did you want to post this on Corral and accidentally did here??

--Joe

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:18 AM
|
thanks

Originally posted by S'CrewLoose
Db,

No flame here....but didn't you just love sitting on the pier in kona......I love that island...my dad still lives there.
did we ever... we went over to Oahu for the day to see Pearl Harbor, etc.. what a zoo!!
Wish I could afford to live there.. it was beautiful.. we ate dinner at an Italian place, Michaelangelo's?, and just sat there listening to the waves, looking out over the water, my wife watching the surfer boys.. hmmmm
lol
Dana

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:22 AM
|
Nope

Originally posted by soap

You just said you love your L and you expect us to flame you........did you want to post this on Corral and accidentally did here??

--Joe
But there are a lot of posts here about the Stang.. I was just Sooooo disappointed in it.. esp since I have an '89 and thought it would be so much better by now.. I would take mine over that thing anyday.. more comfortable, easier to see out of, etc... but I love my L and its clearly the best thing I have ever owned.. nothing but nothing can do what it does... and it does all of it very well..
And then you mod....
Dana

Old 09-19-2002 | 11:53 AM
It's a six-banger, what did you expect?

Ford only made that car for the wanna be's who can't afford a real mustang.

Don't allow THAT car to form your opinion of Mustangs.

I have a '96 Cobra that has been modded to the limit, and believe me, MY Mustang makes driving my '01 Lightning boreing!

Old 09-19-2002 | 11:59 AM
Seattlesnake! Everett WA.?? Split personality??

Old 09-19-2002 | 01:10 PM
I think the v6 stangs are for women. Everytime I see one a girl is sitting behind the wheel. Thats good though, most women dont drive hard and a GT is overkill for them much less a cobra. My buddy has a 2001 GT, while I like trucks more I have driven that stang hard and it never fails to be a ton of fun. I cant imagine how dull a v6 stang must be though, must be unbearable 5 speed or not.

Old 09-19-2002 | 01:13 PM
Banned
Heh friend of mine sold his v6, the only calls he got on it were from girls. LOL

Old 09-19-2002 | 01:15 PM
what did u figure that since you werent moving to vegas, that you could just galavant all over the place? ...chris

Old 09-19-2002 | 10:25 PM
|
Damn Skippy

Originally posted by FastAsL
what did u figure that since you werent moving to vegas, that you could just galavant all over the place? ...chris
Well if I wasnt coming to Vegas I thought I should go where they send a lot of people to Vegas... Hawaii....

got a call from Lorne and wellllll, as usual, he had to go because of his wife... I am beginning to think you are right on with your assessment of her...

too bad cause he's a pretty nice guy..

Dana

Quick Reply: I am putting my flame suit on because