Lightning

Poor Lightning!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002 | 10:11 AM
|
Red face Poor Lightning!!!!!!

First off I want to say he is a nice guy, and I am not trying to diss him. But this poor truck is sure taking a beating.

He reciently put a new built bottom end in it, due to a blown motor. He also has a 6# lower a 2# upper pulley a 90mm mas air a airraid, Bassani Cat Back, Bell tech 3/4 drop and 20" Moda wheels on the truck.

I was there a few weeks ago cleaning the contacts on the computer since he was having problems with his new chip. He calls me up yesterday and asked me to help him figure out whats wrong with his truck.

I told him to go to the Ford dealer and buy a fuel filter, I brought a set of TR6's with me, since he told me he is still running the stock plugs.

When I got there I hooked up my scan tool to check for codes, everything was ok there. I pull the stock plugs and replace them with the TR6's You could tell by looking at the plugs it was running lean. So we jack up the truck and pull the fuel filter, and replace it with the new filter.

After I get out from under the truck I tried to blow through the old filter. It was so clogged up I couldn't blow through it. I don't know how the truck could have run at all with that filter on it, and why didn't it throw a code??? I have no idea.

So we go out and take a test ride, holly ***** what a differance the truck is now flying, but man he has the shifts in the transmisions set to shift so hard. The truck smokes the tires shifting into 2nd and third. He drives like a mad man and tells me he likes the shifts that way. I know his transmision isn't going to last much longer, I told him to send his chip back to the tuner and soften up the shifts a little.

I have a feeling that he will be callin Factory Tech verry soon to get a monstor trans in his truck. I know he wont be able to drive the truck like a normal person. I thought I drove like a mad man, but I am tame compaired to him.

This is a good lesson to make sure you keep up on your maintance, and make sure you tune your chips correctly. If not you are going to blow motors and transmisions.

He has a nice looking truck, and I think we got most of the bugs out of it, But this truck has had a hard life allready and it is going to continue to have a hard life.
This Poor Truck[

Old 09-19-2002 | 10:48 AM
Who is 'he'??

Old 09-19-2002 | 03:07 PM
It's you

Old 09-19-2002 | 03:20 PM
Old 09-19-2002 | 03:22 PM
maybe after "he" reads this thread, "he" will take it easy on her..

Old 09-19-2002 | 03:43 PM
don, ever consider moving to
staten island? i need a friendly nieghbor
like yourself

Old 09-19-2002 | 04:00 PM
This is by far the dumbest thread ever started. 99.999 % of lightning owners beat the **** out of there trucks Thats what they are made for. The supercharger isnt there to jerk-off to. I beat mine like a red headed stepchild. Im going to go change my oil now.

Old 09-19-2002 | 04:56 PM
|
Originally posted by redlightspecial
Who is 'he'??
The guys who were at New England Dragway the night befor Fun Ford Weekend have seen the truck.

It was the Silver L with the real cool 20 ich Moda wheels. I don't know if he posts here, but I know he is a lurker.

By the way if your reading this Russ how is it running.

Old 09-19-2002 | 07:15 PM
now thats not very nice... if he wants to beat his car let him. if he likes to waste money he probably has enough to buy another one if he breaks this one!

Old 09-19-2002 | 07:27 PM
Drive it like you stole it?

NOPE!

Drive it like you're the one that pays to have it fixed.

If you can afford to rag your truck......... Rag it! If not....... Drive like me. Well....... Maybe not exactly like me. LOL

Quick Reply: Poor Lightning!!!!!!