Lightning

No More Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking No More Engine Noise

Hi again,

The story started when I got my first oil change. It made an ugly noise when starting up in the morning. You know the rattleing,ticking and tapping untill it warmed up. Well that noise is gone. Took it to the dealer for them to check out on monday night for tuesday morning, they started it up NO NOISE. The next day NO NOISE. I was so pissed off that I told them not to start the truck untill I got there first thing thrusday morning. Well I started her up, Guess what NO NOISE not a sound the quietest it's ever been. So the tech said since it happened after the oil change (and he did hear the noise last week so he knows I'm not crazy)
HE seems to think that some air got into the system when they changed the oil. Maybe didn't fill the filter before install? But he thinks the noise was camchain tensioners. Because they fill with oil and some air may have been trapped somehow........an the trip up cleared it out! HERES WHY

I live 50 miles away from the dealer, and on the way up I was pissed off at the thought of a noise in my new truck SO I drove it rather hard cruising at 105 to 115 for at least 20 of them miles. I don't normally drive over 65! The dealer thinks that the air that was caught up in the tensioner got pushed out Because it hasn't made a sound since I dropped it off And that the only thing that was differant was the way I drove it up There. They did nothing to it. So I asked if it would do it again they don't think so

So does this sound logical? I don't know!
Did it fix it self? I don't know!

The point is it's fixed!!!!!! I'm happy, They didn't have to rip my engine apart.

So what I'm saying, Is take your truck out for a nice 40 to 50 mile ride at highway speeds and see if this fixes yours!
Good Luck it worked for me sounds crazy .

Thank You for reading this, I hope it helps you as well. I think it's the answer Because it didn't do it before so it shouldn't do it after! Right?

Sorry so long but I didn't want to leave any thing out DETAILS YOU KNOW.

bob

Old 09-19-2002, 11:30 AM
My startup noise comes and goes. It will not make the noise in park because the engine is reving higher. If I put it in drive the rpms drop and sometimes it talks.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:04 PM
mine only did it when cold in park or drive untill it warmed up

maybe it just needs to be driven on highway for a while?

I'm telling you it seamed to work on mine. I thought it was a little strange it would make noise after a change when it was real quiet before it didnt make sence. hey it still don't

all I know is it's quiet again

hope it works for you

Old 09-19-2002, 04:06 PM
Thumbs down

My engine noise wakes me up in the morning. Im sorry for reading this novel that you wrote.

Old 09-20-2002, 02:03 PM
hard to believe but it really worked!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't kid about something like that

started today quiet as I have ever heard it

bob

Quick Reply: No More Engine Noise