Lightning

4 10s in a lightning pics!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually its 1.75 cubic ft per enclosure which i hat to account for with my subs (actually had TOO much box)

After a few blocks of wood everything was merry! Sounds VERY tight and good. I am upgrading to the Type R 10's from alpine to match my front speakers.

I'll be at NMRA if anyone wants to take a peek!

Brandon

Old 09-20-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by J15BIG
sweet setup.

I have two JL 10 W3s powered with a JL 500/1 Amp and that is enough for me, too much sometime. I cant even imagine 4 10s
NICE

My original plan was 3 13w7's =) But i didn't have the room for the amps it would take =)

GOod setup!

Brandon

Old 09-20-2002, 05:00 PM
My original plan was 3 13w7's =) But i didn't have the room for the amps it would take =)
Jeez....how were you gonna find enough room for the subs? Aren't they almost a cube?

Old 09-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Crazyone
Actually its 1.75 cubic ft per enclosure which i hat to account for with my subs (actually had TOO much box)

After a few blocks of wood everything was merry! Sounds VERY tight and good. I am upgrading to the Type R 10's from alpine to match my front speakers.

I'll be at NMRA if anyone wants to take a peek!

Brandon
Can you be nice enough and post plans?

For amp space I was thinking about getting a low profile tool box that would install in the bed (obviously) but under the Tonneau Cover. I would also mount a couple fans inside, to one side, and at the bottom of the box. In this way it could draw air from the opisite side. Simply run the needed cables through the wall of the truck. Anyone ever done this or is this a really bad idea for some reason?

/tg

Old 09-20-2002, 05:33 PM
That looks pretty sweet but are you sure those subs got enough air space for you setup.

How many cubic feet is that box per sub? And how much displacement does that MTX take up?

I really can't see that box being big enough for even 3 subs?!?!?

I got 3 tens across the back with no gap like yours and thats about as nbig as I could get without loosing seat space.

Where are you going to mount the two amps?

It does look nice though!!!

Quick Reply: 4 10s in a lightning pics!