Lightning

STILL NEED ADVICE! Strong engine cleaner partially soved pinging

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STILL NEED ADVICE! Strong engine cleaner partially soved pinging

I purchased this from the dealership I use to work for. I think its called K44 by BG MOA? Anyways it partially soved the detonation I was having mostly during when I am in 2nd or 3rd gear and give it some gas ( about 2 -4 # of boost). I can still hear though, not as bad, but its there. Coincidense or not it all started right after the E_FAN and pump install. My chip was reburnt for my 4# lower pulley and NGK TR6 plugs 4000 miles ago, no detonation until now. Fuel filter was changed 7000 miles ago. I have tried different gas brands, but it still pings. ANy other suggestions. Could something be loose in there and I think its pinging? Bad plugs? PLEASE HELP!!

Old 09-20-2002, 08:19 AM
Did you 'feed' it into the combustion chamber thru the intake/air route or thru the injectors? If you went thru the injectors via the gas tank, it probably didn't/couldn't do the job if your pinging is caused by carbon buildup in your combustion chambers. Didn't we have this conversation just the other day ?

Dan

Old 09-20-2002, 11:51 AM
I wanted to try the a simple method first Dan. How can you find out if you have carbon build up before starting to clean the injectors or combustion chamber? Do you have to take in to the dealer to have that done? They told me that at 22000 miles I don't need to have that service performed.

Old 09-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Dan or anyone know?

Old 09-20-2002, 06:36 PM
The dealer should/will have a system that they will hook up to the intake and feed the eng. pure solvent. They sometimes will hook it up to the fuel rail too but the solvent going thru the intake(with air) will clean the chamber better than sending the solvent thru the rail and injectors.

I use to hook my own system to the fuel rail on my 1991 Z281LE that had a EFI 305 ci eng. Believe it or not, the eng would 'run' on just the solvent--no gas as the pump was turned off.

Dan

Quick Reply: STILL NEED ADVICE! Strong engine cleaner partially soved pinging