Lightning

Hellion scan tool feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002 | 01:19 PM
|
Hellion scan tool feedback.

I am looking at buying a scan tool and want some feedback. I want a stand alone tool (no laptop). Prefer data log capable (I know the Hellion is not), trying to stay in the $300 range. Do any of these tools read the A/F numbers? Best place to buy? Looking for feedback on whatever brand you are using. The Hellion appears to be a nice simple user friendly tool. Guide me.

Old 09-24-2002 | 01:20 PM
Not sure of any handhelds that datalog, other than Palm Pilot versions. You can get the O2 sensor voltage, which you can reference for A/F numbers. However, I don't know of any scan tools that give real time A/F. Personally, I like the Hellion.

Old 09-24-2002 | 03:15 PM
You cannot get any real accurate A/F ratios unless you get a wide-band o2 sensor.

Old 09-24-2002 | 04:28 PM
http://www.autoxray.com/scanners.htm

My OBDII Ford Enchanced Scanner is out having it's screen replaced. Once I get it back you can use it whenever you need to. I have the PC Up-Link Kit also for complete datalogging.

You can also borrow my Laptop/Generic OBDII Software if you want. It's been gathering dust ever since I got the AutoXray.

No A/F, but good data. (Timing, Short Term/Long Term Fuel Trim, O2 Readings, etc.) I can go over all the parameters with you.

Old 09-24-2002 | 07:26 PM
|
Cool, Thanks Flash.

Old 09-24-2002 | 08:27 PM
It is a great little tool for 300 bucks.

It will give you long and short term fuel curves, timing, water temp, intake temp, throttle position, rpms, speed, 02 sensor readings, mass air voltage, things like that.
It will also read and clear codes in the PCM

It is not a profecional scan tool, but it ia also about 1/4 the cost. I drive around with it hooked up all the time, I have learned a lot about my truck since I have gotten it.

It has also come in handy a few times trying to figure out what is wrong with a few friends cars. In all cases it gave us enough info to fix the problem.

Old 09-24-2002 | 10:04 PM
Originally posted by FlashSVT
http://www.autoxray.com/scanners.htm

My OBDII Ford Enchanced Scanner is out having it's screen replaced. Once I get it back you can use it whenever you need to. I have the PC Up-Link Kit also for complete datalogging.

You can also borrow my Laptop/Generic OBDII Software if you want. It's been gathering dust ever since I got the AutoXray.

No A/F, but good data. (Timing, Short Term/Long Term Fuel Trim, O2 Readings, etc.) I can go over all the parameters with you.
FlashSVT

I have a AutoXray EZ Link hooked up in my truck right now. I am not sure what the readings should be, ie, Fuel Trim, O2 readings. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: Hellion scan tool feedback.