Lightning

Wreck, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002 | 06:19 PM
hey dan, sorry to see what happened. what intersection was that? BTW this is chris, the one with the silver truck from the race track.

Old 09-24-2002 | 06:43 PM
I'll cast another vote for probably not totalled. I have seen vehicles damaged worse than that and ended up not being totalled. I bet your looking at maybe $10k or so in damage. For your sake, I sure hope it is. Vehicles are never the same after a good crash. I'd rather start over new myself.

Last edited by slapshot; 09-25-2002 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2002 | 06:44 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if there was frame damage. Let them total it. There is probally a lot of hidden damage that my show up later on.

Justin

Old 09-24-2002 | 06:49 PM
Holy Mother ****er,

That is a sad sight to see, OUCH.

You should have the Body shop get an estimate from the Insurance company because they know the estimators.
And make sure the guy gets a hundred bucks to do the right thing.

Old 09-24-2002 | 07:56 PM
CHECK YOUR POLICY!!!!!!!

Look to see if your insurance company can use non OEM body parts and/or foriegn (asian) parts. Your policy should state that.
IF NOT, get the estimate with NEW parts, USA/FORD parts!

btw, did the airbags deploy? cuz that'll add $$$$$ to the estimate too.

Old 09-24-2002 | 08:18 PM
It doesn't look bad enough to total it, but it sure is a sad sight.

The important thing is that you are OK. I truck can be replaced, but you can't

Good luck with the insurance company and hope to see you and the L on the road soon.

Old 09-24-2002 | 09:12 PM
Glad you are ok...I bet you'll be a little sore tomorrow. Hope for some frame damage, I doubt it will be totaled otherwise.

Old 09-24-2002 | 10:11 PM
I worked in a body shop while going through college. The frame needs to be checked on a frame machine. Also as stated before, all new OEM Ford parts. No junk yard parts, chinese, etc. The best paint job that money buys. I assume that it was flawless prior to the accident, and you have recent pictures to prove it. It wasn't your fault, and it was in near perfect condition prior to the accident and it should be the same way after it's fixed.

To answer your question. I would GUESS that it's not totaled. The only reason is because it has a full frame, and a glass bed. Otherwise if it had a unibody, it would absolutely be totaled.

My wife was in an accident. Another lady said that her brakes failed and hit the rear corner of my wifes car at about 45 MPH! My wife went to work the next day sore as hell. I wanted her to stay home but she went and the pain got worse. She was not compinsated for most of it because she was "good enough to work" That was over 1 yr ago. She went to a chiropractor 2x/week. Just now it's about 1x/2weeks. Stay home if you are sore. They have to compensate 100% for that. Look at your truck. It's the least that they could do. Glad that nobody is seriously hurt, but it could get worse over the next few days. Trust me.

Old 09-24-2002 | 11:11 PM
I bet you must feel sick! The important thing is that everyone is okay. I wrecked a 99 VW Bug in a similar situation and did $10k worth of damage. As everyone has said, it's not going to be totaled out. I have to admit, I had the dealer fix the bug because it was a lease and I wanted them to be resposible for any flaws. The thing was returned good as new and has been running great since. There is light at the end of that tunnel. Just glad your okay, it's the most important thing. Trucks...cars, they can be replaced, but other things are much harder to overcome. Hang in there, it gets better.

Old 09-25-2002 | 01:31 AM
It makes me want to cry If it get totalled would you sell the engine and tranny? I have a 78 F-150 4x4 thats in real good shape and has a really nice built 400M and C-6 but I am looking at moving about 35 miles from were I work and this is my winter vehicle. I would go broke trying to fill that pig it gets 8mpg on the highway. With a L engine I could boost my mpg and have a nice powerfull engine not to menchin I would still get that blower whine in the winter If not do you know anyone who might have a 01 or newer L engine? I hope everything works out for you.

Old 09-25-2002 | 12:11 PM
|
Hey, thanks everybody for the comments and wishes. I went to look at it last night at Falconi's body shop, that's where it's at right now, and my buddy said it's prolly a total loss. The left front frame member is tweaked, the cab is pinched, the roofline is tweaked, the dash is bowing out, etc. He said the biggest issues was the pinched cab and tweaked frame. It's not pretty at all, and yes it does make me sick. The truck was in perfect shape, only driven once or twice every week, Zaino on it at all times, etc. I don't know if I'll be able to afford another new Lightning, but maybe I can find a used one somewhere. Down here in Vegas these trucks carry a premium, even the used ones go for stupid amounts of money. Maybe this will help if the insurance co. decides to total it and makes me an offer?

For you guys from Vegas, it was on the corner of Flamingo and Torrey Pines.

Old 09-25-2002 | 03:34 PM
Sorry for creeping over here (I'm a S'Crew)... but, the thread caught my eye.

Anywho... we just went out and bought a 2002 Mustang... at 2.9% financing, it was a pretty good deal. When we were sitting down to fill out all the paperwork, we were offered "Gap Insurance." It covers the "gap" between the amount of the car (if totalled) and the amount we owe, if more than what the insurance company will pay. Hell, for $380, I figured it was worth it, with having a 15 year old in the house and learning to drive next year.

Jenn in MD

Old 09-25-2002 | 04:03 PM
hey dan (sinister) shoot me an email and i can hook you up with an x-plan pin and the general mgr of gaudin ford on east saraha. hopefully that will get you into a new one if they do total yours out.....chris

csterle@lvcm.com

Old 09-25-2002 | 09:14 PM
I could probably give you a decent amount of money for some parts(engine, tranny, wirring harness, etc) How many miles and whatmods were done to the engine? Hell I could probably come down in when ever and help pull it if needed.

Old 09-25-2002 | 09:37 PM
Cool

I had a bad accident in 98 with my truck a 97 I T bone a pick up because he failed to stop on the stop sign. They replace both fenders ,hood ,grill, bumper ,radiator ,windshield and more stuff it took 11000 to fix it it still work like new the body did an excellent job plus my lawyer put 6000 in my pocket.

Quick Reply: Wreck, please help.