Lightning

Wreck, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002 | 11:40 AM
|
No word yet, but the adjuster promised me that she'll be looking at it this morning. If she thinks that it's a total, she still has to get a second opinion.....arrgghh.

NCETRY: I'm not sure how things are gonna work out, but if I can buy it back, you are welcome to whatever you want. The truck has 8,3xx miles on it, a 4# pulley, K&N panel, chip, and Denso plugs.

Old 09-26-2002 | 06:04 PM
|
Adjuster called just now. She said that she is ordering a "tear down" to uncover additional damages. Her preliminary report shows that it is not a total loss. Once they do a tear down, the technician from the shop, the adjuster, and the adjusters supervisor will have another look. She said that beciause of the value of the truck, I was thousands of dollars away from a total loss. I asked her, "what about the frame, and the pinched cab, and the damaged windshield / cab line." She said that would all be uncovered in the tear down, and yes she can see the frame is tweaked. WTF? I explained to her that this is a limited production truck that won't be worth squat to anyone if it's repaired. Sounds like the insurance co. knows these trucks carry a decent value and will do just about anything to fix 'em, as opposed to doing the right thing.....IMHO.

Arrgghh

Old 09-30-2002 | 02:23 PM
Question

Any word yet>??? Just curious to see how you are making out. Push for a total loss. -Mat-

Old 10-14-2002 | 04:57 PM
|
Well, it has been about a month now and things aren't moving very quickly! The adjuster made their claim, about $12k, and then ordered a tear down. The shop did the tear down and advised that it would need a new cab and frame. They are trying to locate the parts and then they talk with the insurance people again.

I am like WTF!! I can't believe they would even consider putting a new cab and frame underneath and 8k mile Lightning? Once the shop turns in the supplemental estimate the to insurance company, I may see where all this is going. A major repair on a limited production collectors truck will make it worth almost nothing.!!

Any other thoughts / comments / suggestions are welcome.

Old 10-17-2002 | 03:10 PM
|
The "supplemental estimate" is now in, almost $17k in damages. I am going to the body shop today to bang heads with the adjuster and weigh our options. He mentioned that he could put the truck out on a bid and see what it would bring for someone to buy as is. Then I could take the $17k from Allstate and walk. I guess it depends on how much somone would gimme for a wrecked truck.

The adjuster did mention that the Allstate people didn't want to replace the cab. Not that it didn't need it, but the vin# will be wrong. On a limited production truck with vin #'s that don't match = bad situation.

Any additonal input is appreciated.

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:59 PM
I would get a attorney and find out if you can force the insurance company to total it and give you a good payout. With 17K in damage it sounds like a loss to me. Some important things would be to have witnesses that say the accident was not your fault and you were trying to avoid a collision. With a attorney you have a chance at getting better than blue book price and having the insurance company pay your fee's. Its worth a hundred bucks to find out if you can get what you want.

Quick Reply: Wreck, please help.