Lightning

TSB for projectile plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB for projectile plugs?

For thr third tim in less than 2 months I have gotten home to hear the ticking sound of a loose plug.Has there been an official TSB yet? Anybody figure out a fix yet? I have been lucky that I have heard it before the plugs launched but it makes me nervous..

Old 09-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Talking

Jay try some super glue lol ......seriously i was lucky also at my last plug change. In the last 20K miles, the torquemasters have stayed put. I should check them soon.

Old 09-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Danny I have considered loc tite ,,, this is crazy.I don't think the dealer can do anything more than I can at this point, maybe I should just let it pop out?

Old 09-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Cool

No dont let them pop out !!! That will only get you time in a crappy rental car. I am sure you put them in tight enough. Dont you even think about using loc tite either.

Old 09-24-2002, 10:22 PM
I just had a friend come into the shop this past Friday asking me to come out and listen to his truck a 2000L. (he is not very knowlegeable about automotive things). So he says, I'm worried, the truck is making a funny noise. Well as it turns out, he has launched a plug and blew the coil pack right out with it. Time for a new cylinder head for him. Luckily at 40,000+ miles he has an extended warranty that SHOULD cover the repair. I honestly don't know what to do about this problem. But at least the new trucks '04+ will be using a new head, hopefully Ford has corrected this problem.

later,
chris

Quick Reply: TSB for projectile plugs?