Lightning

Intercooler has gone from green to brown!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002 | 11:19 PM
Get that stuff out of there fast.

Fill it with 75% distilled water and 25% coolant and run it for a day or so. Then drain it again, take the resevour off and clean it out real good. Then refil it with a 50/50 coolant distilled water mixture.

You may have to repeat it a few times till the system is back to normal.

I know you guys in Florida have water that has a lot of minerals in it. Maybee if you added any tap water in it, you may have had a bad reaction.

Old 09-28-2002 | 02:27 AM
|
When I bought the truck it was slightly brown and it had 15k on it. And now the truck has 23k almost and its gotten slightly worse. Then I took it to the dealer and they changed all fluids, including the intercooler, but the plastic sides were still brown. The fluid is fine, its normal, clear like water. It's just the plastic that's brown. I'm taking it to the dealer for regular servicing so I'll have them look at it.....good luck with that one though

Old 09-28-2002 | 01:55 PM
Re: Intercooler has gone from green to brown!!!

Originally posted by Lightning#838
I want my intercooler resuviour(sp) to be green again. Most people I've talked to say this is rust. How do I get the rust off so I can see green again!!

-Brian
I would call Ford Customer Service quickly to register for the newer inter-cooler upgrade takes couple hours had it done tomy 00L. You only have until Monday 9/30/02 unless they cut you slack which I doubt so, notify them at customer service an they can maybe get you lined up with a dealer right away! Before you miss the recall date.

Last edited by SMOKINTRUCK#1; 09-28-2002 at 01:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Intercooler has gone from green to brown!!!