Lightning

Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:06 AM
|
Talking Quick Question

Hey guys how's it goin.. Just got a couple questions for you... I love the Lightning it is the sickest truck on the market in my opinion. And I was looking to pick one up shortly I just want to hear so opinions.. I currently own a 01 Z28 with a few mods and am wondering if the lightning has the same kind of blistering acceleration the Z has in stock trim?.. I am curious and would love to know if there are in the same ball park.. I am definetly thinking of trading out for a lightning and would like to know if power wise or lightly modded..(ie intake and exhaust) there one in the same for a power? The Z28 guys wouldn't even answer my post on there board, I love my Z it's just I can't resist a truck with 380hp...is there a major power difference between 99-01 on the trucks those are the years I'm looking for and could i realistically pick up one with low miles for round 23-25k thanx guys I appreciate it

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:14 AM
SICKBOY, you need to drive one. I used to drive Z28's and Corvettes. No more! Drive one, that's the only way to find out what you want to know, good luck.

Tim

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:17 AM
Lightbulb I am gonna havta say

yes

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:31 AM
|
DOPE

Cool beans guys I'm freakin out.. I have made up my mind to get rid of the Z and now i'm lookin desperatly for an L but all the ones i've run across have more miles than i'd prefer. I'm looking for no more than 15k an i'm lookin to spend at most 27-28 out the door is this a possibility??? the dealers around here seem to be over pricing these cars.. for example 66k on the L and they wanted 31k for it.... Let me know if you guys think I can pick up one of these hotrods for the above price .. Thanx for the quick response guys. and if i drive one I think it might be a bad idea cause i'll probably agree on whatever price no matter how steep..

Old 10-02-2002 | 09:24 AM
Where are you located?

Old 10-02-2002 | 09:32 AM
Are you in Canada? $31,000 for a used L? I paid $29,000 for my new 01 L. You should find one in the mid 20s... Check the 'classifieds' on the Lightning BBs.

Oh yeah, it should be as 'quick' as your Z28 but not as 'fast'.

Dan

Old 10-03-2002 | 12:14 AM
|
Thanks

Yeah i'm locate in Phoenix az and I'd kinda prefer to go through a dealer do to the fact i'm gonna trade i the z and don't wanna hassle wth idiots commin over for a free ride .... basically i just wanna make sure i'm not steppin down performance wise. No offense guys i've never driven one of these cars.. have been beat by several but they wouldn' tell me there mods... Does any one have any inside lines on a dealer locator or any thing of the sorts to help me snag an L????

Quick Reply: Quick Question