Lightning

Dealer F'd up the truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:40 PM
|
Dealer F'd up the truck!

Dropped my truck last night in the night drop and today they call me and asked me if I knew anythign about the huge area of paint missing that looked like someoen went into the truck hard. I said of course not. I ran right to the dealership and low and behold the bumper is completely screwed up with paint even missing.

The truck was parked in backwards so the tech had to have seen it. By the time I got over there they started doing the work I dropped it off there for. Shouldn't they have called me before they moved the truck? They said they can't help me out becuase they are not responsible if you leave your truck in the night drop. Any suggestions on how I can get them to replace the bumper??

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:46 PM
Dealers suck! Without video proof, you'll have trouble.

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:52 PM
Get a Lawyer!!!!!

Yes, I hate lawyers and the litagation culture we live in, but just because they SAY they aren't liable, doesn't mean they're NOT. When push comes to shove, a lawyer is all they understand.

What a crock!

Old 10-02-2002 | 01:59 PM
Re: Dealer F'd up the truck!

Originally posted by 2000F250V10
They said they can't help me out becuase they are not responsible if you leave your truck in the night drop.
Is that posted anywhere at the dealer?

Old 10-02-2002 | 02:29 PM
Originally posted by HD09319
Dealers suck! Without video proof, you'll have trouble.
Maybe the dealer has surveillance video. Write the dealer a letter asking for a copy of the tape and deliver the letter to the dealership GM/Owner today. Make a police report. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2002 | 02:44 PM
I'd be looking for obvious signs such as paint tranfers or other debris from the collision. There should be something to work with, otherwise proving it happened there might be difficult.

However, if you had for example a paint transfer or rubber bumper scuff that would match another vehicle in the area, or a post, etc. you would have a much better case for negligence on their part. At the very least, if the evidence indicated another customer dropping off in the overnight area hit your truck, they would be liable, not the dealership. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2002 | 03:07 PM
They should have let you see the damage before they moved the truck! That right there shows a liability on their part. Whos to say that didnt happen when the tech moved the truck into the shop???? Dont let them BS you!!! If its on their property, they're responsible. Sounds like they did some damage and are trying to get you or your insurance company to take care of it. F THAT!!!

Jason

Old 10-02-2002 | 03:10 PM
Is the front bumber going to have to be completely replaced or just painted?

Old 10-02-2002 | 04:40 PM
Make an insurance claim and let their lawyers go after the dealer.

-Mark

Old 10-02-2002 | 04:47 PM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
Make an insurance claim and let their lawyers go after the dealer.
I do that, and also file a police report. I wouldn't settle for them not fixing the bumper...

-Mike

Old 10-02-2002 | 05:46 PM
Judge Judy!!!

No really. I seen it this summer when I was in Aruba. Similar situation. Any repair/maintenence facility is responsible for any vehicle that they are providing a service to while it is on their property. If you left it as a night drop, you probably left the keys in a box or put them in a slot......and it you had an appointment with them....it's their baby. Judgement was for the plaintiff. They incriminated themselves by calling and asking. If they didn't think it was from them, they would have not have bothered to call and ask, they would have assumed it was already there. The fact that they called and asked you if you knew shows they have reason to believe they are responsible. Good luck buddy.

When my father picked up his L from getting the clunk fixed, the glass was hanging out of the mirror housing on the passenger side, he pulled into the service area at like 30 and slammed on the breaks and freaked out on them, it' was fixed in minutes!!!

Old 10-02-2002 | 07:10 PM
When i had my 99L at my dealership waiting for a new intercooler my truck was parked out back in a fenced in lot behind the dealership and a severe storm with a tornado went through that night and was called by my dealership that my truck was damaged by the storm and to come look at it.So i talked to the dealerships personal who handles insurance claims and he told me they are not responsible for the damages even though it was on there lot locked up,i argued with him about it and got no where so i went to my insurance company to talk about what happened and they said i am responsible for my truck on there lot! But if you could prove they drove it or caused your problem they are responsible then.Good Luck!

Old 10-02-2002 | 07:33 PM
Re: Dealer F'd up the truck!

They are liable. Sue em if you have to.

Old 10-02-2002 | 07:36 PM
yeah

they are not responisible if it is termed an act of god.....like weather, but if it was hit.....yes

Old 10-02-2002 | 07:53 PM
2000F250V10,

Sorry to hear about that BS.

This is why NONE OF MY VEHICLES have EVER gone to a Dealer.
They all suck. Personally I would get it back ten fold in damage if they don't pay for it. Last time someone screwed me like that, I simply pulled up in front of their place of business and took out the front window with a wrist rocket sling shot, right from the drivers seat of my car. No one ever knew where it came from and I got much satisfaction from doing it. I've also used some explosive devices getting even in the past, but thats another story, plus I shouldn't talk about it

I'm sure there are lots of things on their lot to be damaged very easily. It may not fix your truck, but God Dam it'll make you feel better.

Quick Reply: Dealer F'd up the truck!