Lightning

NMRA Finals Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that I can find a pic of Sal. I'll have to look for it.

Old 10-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Sal told me that a new intake was being made for his aftermarket blower and it was not ready.......so he had to use the stock one.

I am not sure about the nitrous.

--Joe

Old 10-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by soap
Sal told me that a new intake was being made for his aftermarket blower and it was not ready.......so he had to use the stock one.

I am not sure about the nitrous.

--Joe
I wonder if he was using the stock lower pulley also? 13's are terrible. Especially for a tuner who has gone 10.7's. If it was me I probably wouldn't even have shown up. I mean come on who are you going to buy parts from, someone who is running 13's or someone running two seconds quicker?

Old 10-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by easterisland
I wonder if he was using the stock lower pulley also? 13's are terrible. Especially for a tuner who has gone 10.7's. If it was me I probably wouldn't even have shown up. I mean come on who are you going to buy parts from, someone who is running 13's or someone running two seconds quicker?
Hey Easter ... Sorry I missed meeting you at BG !!!

Both Johnny Lightning and Sal are NMRA sponsors. Have you
never had a weekend at the track where nothing hangs together?
Let's not bash the vendors here.

Anyone that bothered to ask Sal was given the true explaination
as to why he was running slower and with no nitrous. And it
was announced on the PA when he was running that the truck
was capable of 10.7's, but had some mechanical issues.

Originally posted by soap
Sal told me that a new intake was being made for his aftermarket blower and it was not ready.......so he had to use the stock one. ?
Besides, Soap just told everyone ... <grin> That and the stock
head gasket prolly contributed to Sal backing way off...

Old 10-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by SVT_KY
Both Johnny Lightning and Sal are NMRA sponsors. Have you
never had a weekend at the track where nothing hangs together?
Let's not bash the vendors here.

Anyone that bothered to ask Sal was given the true explaination
as to why he was running slower and with no nitrous. And it
was announced on the PA when he was running that the truck
was capable of 10.7's, but had some mechanical issues.
I thought Sal trailered his truck to the event. How did nothing hang together when it wasn't there to start with. That goes for the entire PSP team. The other red truck which was there with him wasn't running much faster.
I'm not bashing anyone. I just stating my opinion and fact here. I guess I could go back and ask why Sal only has one time slip of his amazing 10.7 run. Why hasn't he been able to back it up all year long? I mean Johnny has run 11's all summer and broke into the 10's just about a month ago.
If I was Sal I would have stayed home. Sponser or not he doesn't have to show up. It is like Michael Jordan showing up to play a basketball game. Why? He doesn't have what it takes and it makes him look stupid. The same with Sal.
Oh, I've purchased over $1K in parts from Sal, over $2K from from JL, and probably double what I've spent with them from JDM.

Last edited by easterisland; 10-03-2002 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:23 PM
From the information I have, Sal's intake was the first (one-off) of the Works 112 blower. As such, it may not have current updates like the by pass etc. Sal shipped it to Works and was expecting to have it back by racetime, he did not.

One thing I do know is that Sal just flat likes to drag race. I note that he always races something, frequently his Gen 1 Lightning. I have the feeling that he would race a hooptie if that was all he had. Personally I respect him for that, because I feel the same way.

easterisland, your right, if you were Sal you would be staying home and flaming people on this board. Sal went racing .

Steve
99L
Black
12.3/110

Old 10-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
and the point is?

Old 10-03-2002, 02:32 PM
easterisland is just mad because Sal's truck is faster than his.

Come on, we all have off days. You don't need to kick someone when they are down. Besides, he still had the ***** to run despite set backs.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Calightnin
From the information I have, Sal's intake was the first (one-off) of the Works 112 blower. As such, it may not have current updates like the by pass etc. Sal shipped it to Works and was expecting to have it back by racetime, he did not.

One thing I do know is that Sal just flat likes to drag race. I note that he always races something, frequently his Gen 1 Lightning. I have the feeling that he would race a hooptie if that was all he had. Personally I respect him for that, because I feel the same way.

easterisland, your right, if you were Sal you would be staying home and flaming people on this board. Sal went racing .

Steve
99L
Black
12.3/110
If Sal can't even get in the 12's with the stock blower something is wrong. Look at the list of quickest Gen II's. There are 111 of them which were faster than Sal this past weekend and most didn't use nitrous or a different blower. It isn't my fault he had one of the slowest trucks there. As far as me flaming Sal, I'm not saying anything that is not the truth. You can be mad at me if you like.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Audio18
easterisland is just mad because Sal's truck is faster than his.

Come on, we all have off days. You don't need to kick someone when they are down. Besides, he still had the ***** to run despite set backs.
The only way a 13 beats my truck is when I had an Art Carr torque converter installed. I'm not kicking anyone. Go back and read all the posts.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:57 PM
I read the post, I am just stating a rebutal.

Everyone knows that Armstrong was the first man to step foot on the moon. Many others have followed in his footsteps, but how many of them do you remember. You only remember the first guy that did it. No one really pays as much attention to the others.

So when someone breaks his current time, then people can talk trash.

Old 10-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe DL only took pictures of the fast trucks.
Were there any Lightnings slower than the PSP team? Maybe they were time limited through the traps?
I'm not kicking anyone. Go back and read all the posts.
Well, you certainly started it ... Now I can get a FREE post
before THIS thread gets locked. You guys are the biggest
bunch of bashers I have ever seen...

Except when it's a REAL issue, then y'all jump on the innocent ...

Old 10-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Audio18
I read the post, I am just stating a rebutal.

Everyone knows that Armstrong was the first man to step foot on the moon. Many others have followed in his footsteps, but how many of them do you remember. You only remember the first guy that did it. No one really pays as much attention to the others.

So when someone breaks his current time, then people can talk trash.
I'm not the only one who questions how Sal ran a 10.78 and never has even came close to that time again. JL has been running low 11's all year and broke into the 10's in the summer heat.

Old 10-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Re: and the point is?

Originally posted by Speedin Bob

Old 10-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SVT_KY
Well, you certainly started it ... Now I can get a FREE post
before THIS thread gets locked. You guys are the biggest
bunch of bashers I have ever seen...

Except when it's a REAL issue, then y'all jump on the innocent ...
I didn't start anything. Maybe they couldn't break into the 13's because they didn't bring their drive shaft loops... I really don't care all that much about it. RT asked a question and I gave my input.
Did I say something incorrect? Did Sal really run an 11 or 12 second run at BG? Please someone post and help clear the air here. Anyone?
When someone claims they know how to tune a truck and then can only muster low 13's something is wrong. Sal had access to a dyno and he can burn his own chips. Why was he only running low 13's?

Quick Reply: NMRA Finals Pic's