Lightning

Advice Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002 | 06:15 PM
|
Advice Please!

When I bought the truck about two weeks ago, there were some scratches in the front and rear bumpers. And the rear bumber had a slight dent under the rubber step pad. Of course the dealer agreed to fix this. Well, I drove to the dealer on Wedsnday, they only do it on Weds. and Saturday. They had the truck the whole day, and couldn't get to it. The drive is about 80 miles one way. So, last Sauturday I took it back. They did the job, but the paint was kind of cloudy, and didn't seem to match right. So, I drove it up there again last night and dropped it off. Got a call today the truck is ready, but they couldn't get the dent out. They would have to buy a new bumper, and paint it in their shop, but they believe the color may not match exactly. So, now I'm thinking what am I to expect about the paint job they did today. I'm about to go get it. Basically, should I get a new bumper, and risk the paint not matching, or just deal with the dent? It's not really that noticeable, but I KNOW IT'S THERE! Also, if this paint job isn't right again, what should I do?

Sorry the post is so long, but I have one more question. I know we've been over personalized plates before, but what do you all think of this:

L YEAH or L YES (Get it? It's an L of course, but standing for Hell, you know Hell Yeah) It's not taken in this state, and I'm thinking about it. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Gene

Old 10-02-2002 | 06:31 PM
I'd want the dent replaced. I have a little scratch that isn't noticeable to others, but I know its there and it kills me!

-Mike

Old 10-02-2002 | 06:31 PM
Gene,They should be able to match it o.k..I had my hard tonneau painted and it looks great!

Old 10-02-2002 | 06:40 PM
Red is a very hard color to match. Did you buy the truck used or new. New will be easier. A tonneau cover can be way off and still look perfect. So can the rear pan. A door or fender has to be a much better match to look OK. The bottom line is that they should be able to match it to where you can't tell the difference. Get it fixed.

Quick Reply: Advice Please!