Lightning

Horrible experience with local tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Horrible experience with local tuner

Earlier today I had an appointment with a local shop called Dyno Dave. I made the appointment a week ago. I called this morning to verify the place and it was at this point that he decides to tell me that the address that I had was wrong(glad I checked before I drove a half hour away to his old building). Well I follow his directions that he gave me and still couldn't find his building so I decided to call his number, he answers and I said that I had an appointment with him at five, he answers back to me, "I can't do it", and says nothing else. Well, speachless, I asked why he couldn't do it, he says "tough sh*t!"??? Now, I'm a little upset, I make an appointment a week in advance, get bum directions and now he's cancelled my appointment without any notice and he decides to curse at me. He said " I'm ****** sorry that I couldn't give you a ****** phone call because I was at the hospital" and before I could give a response, he hung up on me. Now I'm NOT trying to bash the guy's bussiness because I never got the chance to use his service and I am very sorry that he had a personal emergency, but in all fairness he could have acted a little more professional than what he portrayed. I guess I will go to another local tuner for service or find a supporting vendor online who will be able to do the same work.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:28 PM
RUN. And don't look back.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Your better off without him anyways. Try a National Tuner like those listed here. Thery're all good. They are the only ones that actually know what works and what doesn't.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Call PSP, JDM or one of the other supporting vendors, hundreds of satisfied customers can vouch for their ability and reliability.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:51 PM
Thumbs up Dyno Dave's

I was there a month ago Dave is not the tuner. He owns the dyno. Pete Cambell and Jerry are the tuners@ Ford Chip .com. Two of the most intelligent people ever talked to. and nicest.Jerry is Fords top tuner, had 03 Cobra 3yrs ago. 499.7RWHP. Dave is Fuc#in grouch.E-mail Pete at fordchip.com and tell him your story, dont give up on Pete I guantee you will be impressed. After visit got best et 12.37@109. Fordchip travel all over country on weekends tuning. And at Daves in evening, he got right O2 sensing dyno. Pete would love to here this. They are the best I've dealed with (pete,jerry) fuc# Dyno Dave and his attitude.
Ed

Old 10-02-2002, 08:53 PM
I whould say screw that place , I don't deal with A_Holes like that. There are to many Great tunners out there to mess with an Azz like him.

Old 10-02-2002, 08:53 PM
I don't care how good they think they are. If they have an attitude they can kiss my $ss. Too much competion to be a *****. I would rather run stock or figure it out myself than put up w/any BS. The tuners on these boards would be dead overnight if they had an attitude like that. Pete and Jerry need to loose the grump. I'd also give my last buck that Jim, Johnny, and Sal (alphabetical) have all each tuned way more L's than Pete and Jerry. I'd also bet that the # of L's they see in the future will be less due to this board.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking Pete and Jerry. Only for their association. and BTW the world is full of O2 sensing dyno's.

I vent only because the L is supposed to be fun.

Old 10-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Re: Dyno Dave's

Originally posted by SVTED
I was there a month ago ...... had 03 Cobra 3yrs ago. 499.7RWHP. Ed
REALLY??? JR

Old 10-02-2002, 11:30 PM
bull****

is this guy dave partners or something???? The guys doing the tuing must know that this guys is representing them as well and isnt' doing them any justice.

Old 10-03-2002, 01:12 AM
Talking You sure....

it isn't called Dyno Richard??

Old 10-03-2002, 01:20 AM
dave and jerry are gods in s.e.mi they know what they are doing... sorry dave treated u bad... but he is really fair, and like svted said, jerry is a genius. i would setup another apointment with dave, you just caught him at a bad time... also.. if u want a built engine... dave is the man to talk to about taht as well... i give them 5 stars out of 5, regardless of atitude... of course, dave has never been anything but roses towards me...

Old 10-03-2002, 06:42 AM
Really

SLVRLTNG;
Pete and Jerry at fordchip.com,only use Dyno Daves dyno,(they live in area) Both work for Ford, Jerry is one of Fords top computer tuners. And yes he did the tuning on the 03 Cobra 3yrs ago. And got as much as 499.7 RWHP. When you get a dyno tune theres no chip involved,Jerry reflashes computer. If you can't get there E-mail Pete and they will sell you a chip. I'm telling you Pete and Jerry don't come any better.And Tallimeca I really don't give a rats *** if you believe me or not.I was there my Lightning has never run as smooth, start,and fast as it is now because of fordchip.com.Probally the best kepted secrect in Ford tuning..
Ed

Old 10-03-2002, 07:33 AM
You could also head over to one of the best Mod Motor tuners in the world, in Livonia, MI I believe. Alternative Auto, Lideo Iocabelli. I'd head to him before I would try to deal with Dave again!

good luck either way!
joe

Old 10-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Banned
I second Lideo as my tuner of choice if i had the luxury of living in Michigan. There was a point in 2000 where i ALMOST shipped my car to him to have it tuned.

Old 10-03-2002, 11:03 AM
I agree and disagree with a lot of this stuff........

1) I was at Ed's dynod tune and they do know their stuff.
2) They can use chips on your PCM but prefer to flash your PCM with the program.
3) I have heard both accounts of praise/hate towards Lidio
4) Same goes for the guys at Livernois.

I will be the first to admit that the 2 guys from Fordchip have major attitudes. Jerry was telling me he thinks there are only a handful of people on the face of the earth that should be allowed to live. Those were his exact words......ask Ed he was standing there also. The guy is a little computer geek and very ****y about his work. He can tune with the best of them, but it comes at a price. I am going there this weekend to watch another one of my buddy's get tuned. He posts on these boards and is already running 12.2's...........we shall see how awesome they are after his appointment.

--Joe

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with local tuner