Lightning

02 TruBlu L student at Rutgers-Newark?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002 | 05:40 PM
|
Smile 02 TruBlu L student at Rutgers-Newark?

Driving around the same block like ten times looking for a parking spot and driving Rutgers PD, NJIT PD and Essex County PD nuts by circling repeatedly in their terriroty even two Newark PD cops in their nicely beat up 98 & 01 Vics with Wheelen Fast Trax lightbars gave me a long stare after I passed them near a Food truck twice, I stumbled upon a kid in a 2002 True Blue Lightning going in circles around the block doing the same thing...

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a small Civic leaving a spot blocked by a FedEx delivery truck so I turned around (not really legal in the city but everyone does it to for a parking spot!) ligned up and parked.... and there he goes the Lightning kid passes me up again....

Is it anyone from here?

let me know dude, I gotta put your truck on my registry: www.SVTregistry.com

later,
--Russ

PS. Be real careful where you park your truck man, sometimes the $2.75 parking in the parking garage is worth the trouble... everytime I park on the street and come out between classes to take a look at my car, I see some idiot backing up into a spot in front of me or behind me and almost ALWAYS bump into my car to see that they went far enough, no paint chips yet, but its really disturbing to me to see that, yet there's nothing I can do about it! UGH!

Last edited by Jerzey; 10-03-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2002 | 08:47 AM
Yeah...i think your talkin about me. I have an eaton inside sticker. I work public safety for NJIT. If you ever wanna BS drop me and e-mail and i'll give you my badge# so you can look me up.
Slikfiddy1@aol.com

Last edited by NEKSNAPR; 10-04-2002 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-16-2002 | 09:13 PM
|
sending you an e-mail right now.... sorry it took so long, haven't had a chance to follow this site as often as I want to.

I saw another Lightning today '01 or '02 Black, stock looking, no stickers on it, going up Warren St into the NJIT direction... I was parked next to the Rutgers field.

You probably have seen my car around, I had a hard time parking my cars in the parking deck for the past two years (tiny *** spots and you gotta pay for them lol) so I just park on the street now and it takes a long while to find a decent large enough spot to park my boat... I got a 99 White Crown Vic with small center caps and blackout trim, spot light still on the car... or sometimes I take my 98 White Crown Vic with full size wheel covers and no spotlight (we removed it) and chrome trim. Both my cars have some body damage on the right side (ironically - never saw that at the auction on both occasions) but like I said you probably have seen me around because sometimes I feel like I drive around the block a MILLION times to find a spot, and often times I park by NJIT right where you guys always have a cop working the intersection.

Anyway, I'm sedining you an e-mail man, nice truck!

--Russ

Old 10-17-2002 | 05:27 AM
Hey whats up Russ
Iam parked on Central Ave everyday, choice spot in front of NJIT Have to get there by 6, to get it
Afraid to drive the Lightning, so its Betsey for me

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:45 AM
Rest In Peace
Angry

If ever saw anyone give any of my cars a love tap i would go over to the car and rip them out their window. If it was the Lightning forget about it. It would have taken all the cops and maybe more that watched you circle the block Russ to stop me from killing them.

Old 10-17-2002 | 10:25 AM
|
lol you and your Betsey Mr. Gator!

Vin its easier said than done! However it always pisses me off!!!

Check this out... my car is what? 102 inches long, maybe longer... its wide as hell but the way I go about it is I never even touch the other cars when I park... I take the extra time and effort to look for a big enough spot and than, very carefully and slowly back into it leaving plenty of room between the car infront of me and behind me so they don't have a hard time pulling out.

What gets to me is what I used to thing about the GIRLS that drive in Newark, they usualy got this brand new tiny little car their father bought them, they drive like bimbos and when it comes to parking, the little bump they do to the surrounding cars tells them they went far enough....

Lately however I see a lot of Guys doing the same crap. I try to park near the fire hydrants just to eliminate the chance of some idiot bumping me from at least one side and guess what? A few days ago some dumb *** of indian descent squeezes in to the little space me and the guy in front of me left for the fire hydrant in the process bumping off my front of the car and the other guy's rear bumper, leaves the car and goes to class or whatever.... I come back to my car to go home 4 hours late and he's still parked there, blocking the fire hydrant in front of the Newark Central High School without a ticket on his windshield! Now that really sux!!! Yesterday, I went to change books in my car, and saw the chick that was parked in front of me get in her Camry about to leave... so I'm already preppared, I stand by my car pretending to be feeding the meter while another dumb *** guy tryes to put his Acura Legent in the spot in front of me.... we're on a street that rises on the incline, and he has a ton of room to park since the Legend is smaller than the Camry and that Camry had a ton of room around it when it was parked.... Well the guy right in front of me goes all the way back till he tapped my car than goes forwards and stops... Whats the deal???

Another sad thing Vin is the fact that you can't even complain to the police about this! The damage done to your car is usualy far less than what your deductible would be so no one would ever bother.... however with time of doing this over and over again your bumper will sure start cracking like you see on all those commuter cars that come out of NYC....

yea man, they should focus more on parking in Driving Schools, people suck at it!

--Russ

Old 10-17-2002 | 05:38 PM
What time do you go to school Russ?
Iam out by the lunch truck in from of Central High school around 9 in the morning.
If you arrive around 3 in the afternoon, I will wait on you, and you can take my spot. You know its a large spot that Betsey takes

Old 10-17-2002 | 09:58 PM
|
haha, thanks Bruce!

no need to wait for me brotha man, I always find a spot all it takes is a couple of tries and I'm there... I'm a patient guy nowadays.

do you work on that new NJIT building they're doing on MLK blvd? Both of them? must be a fun job huh?

--Russ

Old 10-18-2002 | 12:20 AM
Fun job? Lets talk fun job. How bout having to deal with central high when they get out! now thats a fun job. I'm sure you've seen us out there.

Old 10-18-2002 | 05:31 AM
Originally posted by NEKSNAPR
Fun job? Lets talk fun job. How bout having to deal with central high when they get out! now thats a fun job. I'm sure you've seen us out there.
I couldn't carry enough ammo........hehe

Russ, Iam in the building on the west side of Summit and I make all the jobs Iam on fun

Quick Reply: 02 TruBlu L student at Rutgers-Newark?