Lightning

Good News from Pat (bluelightning)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002 | 04:16 AM
|
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Good News from Pat (bluelightning)

Once again a loveing thanks from all you guys with your e-mails and complements from my wreck. Believe it or not I' am lying in my hospital bed one hurting unit, the fact that I'am not going to walk again does not seem to bother me, I have a friend one year younger than me (25) and he is a very insporational person. He was in a snowmobileing accident in 1999 and became a parapalegic if you have the right attitude and do as he says what is basically "make those little adjustments in you life and get on with it". I can't believe how laid back he is, the good news is everything is going to be fine. There is a sad side to the story, that being the house in the back ground is my dream home that just got finished 8 months ago and I must sell it due to the fact steps are going to be impossible.
Through this ordeal my family has been excellent, When they first found out about the wreck they thought Pat just smashed-up another vehicle can't be too bad he averages 2 a year. Then they found out about the severety and then Mom, Dad and all 3 brothers were there pronto. Between all my Friends,Family and this forum I hate to admit it when Kris showed me the replys at 110 I cryed, it amazes me how complete strangers can be so careing and show so much compassion for me a complete stranger to you all. This just tells me how many loveing people there are in the world. Thanks alot guys and there will be daily updates on my progress from myself or kris.
Pat Sawyer
P.S

I appolgise for any typo errors grammer or punctuation mistakes I have a I.V in me 2 tubes doing something in my back, a heart monitor and all the unnessary hardware to accompany that maching and a chest tube to distract me as well alot of different medicines to make me do funny things so I' am trying to act and type as normal as I can. Alternatively being this lap top is C.D.P.D what operates off cellular waves I have 24 hour internet and can be e-mailed at bluelightning@lightningowner.com I would like to here from you and answer any questions you may have. (i need omething to do) Pat

Old 10-11-2002 | 04:18 AM
|

Last edited by Silver_2000; 10-11-2002 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-11-2002 | 05:18 AM
Pat, I know that feeling of complete strangers wishing you well when you are down and out. I myself had almost died in 2001 from a rare virus that I had contracted and created an abcess on my liver. I have a road map on my stomach to prove it. My wife brought in all the messages from a board I was on and all the people wishing me the best got me in tears. Anyways Get well soon.

Keep your head up and be positive like you said, and you will get through this.

Old 10-11-2002 | 05:22 AM
Thumbs up

Pat great to hear that your attitude is super. Just remember one day at a time :-)
Miracles do happen. I hate to hear you have to sell your dream home.......before you do that, have someone come by and see if ramps can be built.

Best wishes to you, Bruce

Old 10-11-2002 | 09:36 AM
Pat,
Glad to hear your positive attitude. This attitude will help you in your recovery. Keep the house man, you can get some contractors in there to fix it up how you need it while you're in there giving the nurses what for. We'll keep sending the positive vibes and prayers your way.
Steve

Old 10-11-2002 | 09:47 AM
It's just amazing. The positive attitude. Makes me put things in a little better prospective.

My best wishes, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family.

Old 10-11-2002 | 10:23 AM
Thumbs up

Pat,

I'm so glad to hear the positive attitute you have and how supportive your family is. That is going to make a world of a difference for your recovery and getting on with everyday things.
When i was 18 I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my left leg... and not just a normal clot...it extended from my foot up into my abdomen and was by far the worst clot my dr's had ever seen. They told me that most likely i would lose some use of my leg and didn't even want to get into what would happen if they couldn't clear it up. I was in intensive care for 2 weeks, had several surgeries, and couldn't walk when i was released from the hospital. Six months later i backpacked the grand canyon with a few of my friends My Dr's didn't even know what to say they were so surprised.
I know my story doesn't exactly relate to you but i just want to make sure you keep that positive attitude.
Best wishes,

Old 10-11-2002 | 10:24 AM
hey buddy, keep the house for when you are able to walk again.. don't ever give up!

hopefully you'll have 4000 posts soon like when ICULOKN was laid up after the bike wreck..

i have ICQ & AIM if you need anything..

clonetek 00L

Old 10-11-2002 | 10:26 AM
here's the image you were trying to post:

Old 10-11-2002 | 10:41 AM
Pat I feel like I'm lying there with you. No, not that way!! I mean that your event has touched me deeply and when something of this nature happens to one, it happens to all. Family, friends, and complete strangers are affected in much the same way. You are not and will never be alone in your recovery. We're going through it with you bud.

Take care and your inner strength will amaze you.

Old 10-11-2002 | 11:15 AM
It's great to hear the good news! And even better to have that really positive friend there with you!!

There is a sad side to the story, that being the house in the back ground is my dream home that just got finished 8 months ago and I must sell it due to the fact steps are going to be impossible.
What about that thing the old lady had in Gremlins?

Old 10-11-2002 | 11:23 AM
Thumbs up

Pat,
Great to here from you. Your attitude is a wonderful reminder to us all. It puts things into perspective. I wish you all the best.

Old 10-11-2002 | 11:38 AM
I think captain in refering to a chair lift. I watched a home improvement show this weekend that showed how to adapt a house to make it wheelchair friendly. They have some slick new models of those.

Old 10-11-2002 | 11:38 AM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
What about that thing the old lady had in Gremlins?
the thing that shot her out of the house?!?

Old 10-11-2002 | 11:41 AM
|
Update

Unfortuneitly with the house being all stairs it must be sold, my dad said he would sub divide a lot off the farm property to bild a main floor palace all over again. As for the truck I talked to Metro Ford this morning and made sure they had my 03 Lightning for april 1 I will still remain bluelightning because I ordered sonic blue.

Quick Reply: Good News from Pat (bluelightning)