Lightning

anyone with thunderforms

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002 | 10:41 AM
|
anyone with thunderforms

I I am thinking of adding the MTX thunderforms to the rear, I have already fixed up the front channel. Im not lookng to shake up the neighborhood, or stereophile quality Just some good honest and tight base.
If you have them or heard them , I wouul appreciate your input.
I know the solo barics prob sound better but am trying to keep the bling bling down a litle on this mod. Thanks for any opinions.

Old 10-12-2002 | 01:07 PM
You can easily add the thunderforms to your truck, they are made to fit very nice, require the removal of your toolbox of coarse. You can order the box unloaded or loaded (with or without the subs) I would recommend you order them unloaded and either slap some JL W3's in there or some Pioneer 10's in there. The JL's sound a little better but really push the box to its limits.

The pioneers sound much better then the MTX 10's which sound very good to start with. Just showing you how to improve the sound.

Easy to install.

Hope that helps some, others that own them will chime in shortly, as well as the people with custom boxes im sure.

-z

Old 10-12-2002 | 03:23 PM
I recently installed the MTX box in my L, loaded with the MTX 10's. And I honestly dont think you would need any better subs. Possibly a better amp, and front speakers, but the subs are great IMO. I mean, you are practially sitting on the subs, it doesnt vibrate everything on the truck, and the L seals very well. In traffic at a medium volume it sounds great in the truck, and my friend can hear it 2 cars up, over his exhaust...

Obviously everyone has their own opinion, but these are a great audio enhancement to an already awesome ride

Old 10-12-2002 | 03:37 PM
got thunderform with two 10 mtx.sounds mint,couldnt ask for more.thats comming from a person who was heavily into car audio for a while.i got 3 12jls in my f350 and i almost prefer the 2 10s.good luck on your install.you wont be let down with the thunderform.

Old 10-12-2002 | 03:55 PM
The thunderform rocks....great bang for the buck.....keep perusing the classifieds here and www.nloc.net, I see them for sale every so often.

--wes

Quick Reply: anyone with thunderforms