Lightning

I've been asked when I'm going to make another video...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002 | 06:46 PM
|
Talking I've been asked when I'm going to make another video...

Well...

I'm in the process, but it won't be done for a few days. BUT, for those who want to get their heart (woops!) pumping, I've created a small teaser and will post it shortly.

The video is actually born out of somewhat of a lucky accident.

This past weekend, I was a guest of John Borneman Jr., a successfull young driver who was racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in a Winston West event. The motor in my stock trunk was out of his backup car. My wife and I flew out Saturday afternoon and had plans to return early Sunday morning. Due to a small electrical fire on the plane, our flight was delayed, so we ended up getting there a bit later than expected. No big deal, but Credentials was closed so the guest list we were on was in the racing paddock, which we couldn't get to. Somewhat of a viscous circle, but thanks to our persistant driver and a small donation, a phone call was made and we were allowed in. When we arrived, the Craftsman trucks had just exited the track and the Winston West cars were at pregrid.

Cool! I had time to check out the trucks. I wanted to see the different oil tank mounting schemes that the teams were using, so I made my way in and out of the pits trying not to bother any of them. After talking with a couple guys who showed me their setups, I saw a Ford, and made my way to it. As I approached it, a young gentleman introduced himself and we started talking. He showed me around, introduced me to his crew. His name is Carl Edwards and he got the ride for the #63 truck later during this season. Because he only raced a few events, his goal is Rookie of the year next season and he has a very good shot at it.
Anyways, I get excited when I learn anything and appreciate it greatly when others help me out. I guess the team noticed. Next think I know, Carl gives me his cell phone number and asks me and my wife to be his guest at Sunday's Craftsman Truck event. He said "call me in the morning and I'll make the arrangements for you to come."

WOOOHOOOO! Time to change flight plans!

More to follow...

Last edited by Spike Engineering; 10-14-2002 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2002 | 06:54 PM
Re: I've been asked when I'm going to make another video...

Originally posted by Spike Engineering

BUT, for those who want to get their hard pumping,

Ugh Spike, would you like to re-word that, LOL

I will be sure to look for your next video. I can "hear" the excitment in your post. I know I would be. Enjoy yourself, Bro

Old 10-14-2002 | 06:55 PM
|
Enjoy!

This is just a sound clip and although it turned out good, it doesn't compare to being right next to truck, hanging over the hood or crawling underneath it while checking out the plumbing while they are running.

My wife got a kick out of this also and you can hear her ask "is your's going to sound that loud!?"

Music to my ears - TURN IT UP!!!

I don't intend to downplay John's race during the Winston West event. He's the guy who invited me to begin with and I'll post more about the Winston West race later.

Last edited by Spike Engineering; 10-14-2002 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2002 | 07:54 PM
Didja tell her "Ayup ... If I can!!!!"

Quick Reply: I've been asked when I'm going to make another video...