Lightning

Just picked up a Lightning.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002 | 12:18 PM
Welcome to the family ... The MOD u LATER bug will
bite you big time, I predict....

Old 10-21-2002 | 03:36 PM
|
. Thanks again for all the well wishers. I've had e-mails of people wanting to help, and its been great. I knowfr sure now that I made the right choice. Its like with the GN, everyone is like a family in here. I am sooo suprised to see so many GN owners in here.

Wendy, i am sorry to say that the truck is white. @ $24,500 i wasn't gonn be picky about the color . I guess it will be my alter ego .

I'm going to talk to a few peope to see about what it would take to install a knock sensor. Maybe i can get Mike Licht to come up with a package for a L scanmaster.I think everyone would love to know if they are detonating while pushing the limits at the track. Hmmn, I wonder if you could just weld on a Buick sensor...prolly a little ore involved, but i'm gonna look into it.

I'll let you all know how i do at the track on Wed.

Old 10-21-2002 | 03:36 PM
Banned
Hey now theres nothing wrong with a white lightning.

Old 10-21-2002 | 07:25 PM
|
Hey now theres nothing wrong with a white lightning.
Deffinately not !!

I made a couple of phone calls to some gurus, and they will be looking into the possibility of installing a knock sensor. Of course my truck will end up being the test mule. Anyone who has raced a Turbo Buick will tell you how valuable a scan tool is. Its great to know you are detonating, how bad you are detonating, before you do some real damage.

Old 10-21-2002 | 09:31 PM
Amen Brother. Funny thing is that there is a knock sensor on the motor but its not being used!! It was said that the SuperCharger's whine/vibration sends false signals. The scary thing about the whole scenario is that the motors seem to throw rods before they blow headgaskets .

Alter ego :hah: You are right for 24.5k you can't expect a black one . Later and good luck and keep us posted on the knock sensor.

Old 10-22-2002 | 02:45 PM
|
I'll deffinately keep you posted. Sounds like Ford tried the knock sensor to no avail. I'll look into maybe locating it somewhere else. I think it would be a worthwhile experiment. Wendy, do you know were the stock sensor location is???

These heads must be bolted down pretty damn good to throw a rod 1st. I guess Cobra owners won't have too much trouble with all their forged internals.

Old 10-22-2002 | 03:07 PM
stock sensor is located under the intake manifold on the driver side.

Old 10-22-2002 | 08:09 PM
|
stock sensor is located under the intake manifold on the driver side.
Damn, no wonder the knock sensor goes crazy. Anyone ever hear of anyone trying to re-locate it away from the charger??

Old 10-23-2002 | 02:17 AM
Originally posted by GN1270
Damn, no wonder the knock sensor goes crazy. Anyone ever hear of anyone trying to re-locate it away from the charger??
Never heard of anyone doing anything with it. You are going to be a pioneer dude, and I for one will help you populate your newly discovered land. That is if you get the knock sensor working properly .

I can see how mounting it on the driver's side would make it go crazy....It can prolly hear my singing!!!

Old 10-23-2002 | 05:16 AM
Congrats!!!! Welcome to the family!!!!!

Quick Reply: Just picked up a Lightning.