Lightning

Mid Life Crisis

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002 | 08:36 PM
|
Mid Life Crisis

I finally have my girl in college, my son is in high school, and own my house outright. So after driving family cars and SUV's for the last 10 years, I went out and bought an '01 mustang GT for myself and gave the SUV to the wife. Now I decided to sell the GT and order an '03 L, what response do I get from the girl and wife, you must be going through a mid life crisis. You should just get a company car, BMW, and drive it. I still have over 2 years to reach the mid life point, started family early.
We all must have driven performance cars when younger, but should have grown out of it by now, older guys that is. I couldn't even afford the cars that I look at now when I was younger. Women are something else, I just laugh at them as I leave to place my order. Performance vehicles get in your blood and are a never ending hobby. So cheers to all those who have a passion to drive cars and not just commute in them.

Old 10-20-2002 | 08:42 PM
So who said , you have to grow up........hehe
Most certainly not ME......ask anybody that knows me, Iam a kid at heart, that just got old

Old 10-20-2002 | 08:55 PM
A guy turns 40. He goes out and buys a brand new Corvette. His family and friends shake their heads and whisper about his upcoming journey into the twilight years. "He's at that age, I guess.", his mother says. His wife laments, "I was hoping he would eventually grow up. He seems to be having a hard time dealing with his age. I hope he doesn't trade me in on a sportier model."

The guy is oblivious. He's just happy that, after 20+ years of hard work, he can finally afford his dream car.

Old 10-20-2002 | 09:09 PM
|
Yep, I had 6 different performance cars before the kids arrived. I then put the kids first and enjoyed watching them grow up. I just had to remember where I left off. The passion never dies, we just get older.

Old 10-20-2002 | 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CarolinaL
... then put the kids first and enjoyed watching them grow up. I just had to remember where I left off. The passion never dies, we just get older.
You got that right ... after the seven got outta here I bought my
Lightning after yearning for one for years while I drove around
in my '94 Ranger ... But NOW .... I am "losing it", "going thru a crisis"
and all other kinds of things....

But what if they buy that hot tub they always wanted ? Huh?
THEY are not going through a crisis ...

BAH ...

Women ... Who needs 'em??? LOL

Old 10-20-2002 | 09:34 PM
Well.....since you are trading down from a mustang GT to an old pickup truck, I dont see the mid life crisis in that.

Can you haul a refrigerator in the mustang....Hell no

Old 10-20-2002 | 09:45 PM
im kinda the opisite. my daughter was born on april 15, 2001. i bought a 66' mustang 4 days later. she turned 1 year old this past april 15 and i bought my lightning 1 week befor her birthday. i want my lil' girl to enjoy eveything right along with me.

(btw - she loves the track!!)

enjoy the new L when you get it...chris

Old 10-20-2002 | 11:09 PM
Re: Mid Life Crisis

Originally posted by CarolinaL
...and order an '03 L, what response do I get from the girl and wife, you must be going through a mid life crisis...
Then I'm going through one at an early age ... or just I have problem of going through cars Seriously though I do wonder what type of vehicle I will have when I do reach that age?

Old 10-21-2002 | 01:24 AM
well, chit man, I must be on like my 10th midlife crisis as many fun vehicles as I have "had to buy".

I'm waiting on my second Gen 2 Lightning now! and i'm only 27!

enjoy it and let the ladies do their thing.

no offense to any ladies here, but sometimes I swear that women get enjoyment from draining all fun (and income) from men's lives.

later,
chris

Old 10-21-2002 | 09:02 AM
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is not !

For Info , Click on Pic

My F150online Photo Gallery

Have a great day eh ! ......... Dave

Old 10-21-2002 | 09:12 AM
I bought my "L" when I retired, an I just love driving it. I too have always had either a fast ('67 Hemi GTX) car or a classic ('57 white "Bird). At least my wife has never said a word, she just enjoys them along with myself.

Old 10-21-2002 | 09:54 AM
Life is waaaaay to short...so enjoy it buy keeping seperate checkbooks

Old 10-21-2002 | 10:27 AM
Banned
Congratulations on the new vehicle.

Old 10-21-2002 | 01:58 PM
no offense to any ladies here, but sometimes I swear that women get enjoyment from draining all fun (and income) from men's lives.
Isn't that the truth, Just enjoy life and your new L as much as possible

Old 10-21-2002 | 02:36 PM
Uhh....I may only be 25, but I fully inted to be driving the lastest sports cars when I am 50, as well as dating the lastest crop of college co-eds. You only get one go-around in this shiddy life....I plan to drench myself in my two favorite things as long as possible.....and I fully support anyone else who feels likewise...

Quick Reply: Mid Life Crisis