Lightning

Just want to say hi to everyone and I have a good topic? Who do you let drive your Li

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002 | 01:22 PM
My dad mainly just lets me and my G-pay drive it. Lately my grandpa hasn't drivin it, just my dad and when I come back on the weekends I can drive it.

He has let a few customers drive it, but changed his mind seing they didn't respect the power,

Old 10-22-2002 | 01:51 PM
I let my girlfriend take it for a spin a few weeks after I got it, with her sister. I totally trust her. I also offered my Dad the keys to have a go at it, as he was big into cars when he was younger... but he declined. My friends... they are great, but there is no way in hell I would let them drive it, it would be crashed in 10 seconds and I would be like that poor guy who posted a couple days ago.

Old 10-22-2002 | 02:01 PM
Any familiy member can drive it they want to, but know seems to care. My wife could care less about the truck. Only that it carries the kayak and that I'm happy with it.
Take care and stay strong, keep up the positive attitude.

Old 10-22-2002 | 04:06 PM
well, it's usually only me that drives it...... but for my GF's birthday i let her drive it to work and show it off to all the guys that are always asking about her BF's Cars. and the only other time she drives is if we are going on a trip and im in the passenger seat (to tierd to drive). other then that nobody else. i can't trust my friends at all to drive (there all crazy asses). i would let my GF drive the cobra, but she sucks at the stick. (the car stick not mine)

P.S, get better man, i'm still hoping a miracle will happen and you dont have to sell your house and you can buy another lightning.

Old 10-22-2002 | 04:17 PM
i dont have an L but its my baby all the same and im the only one to drive it i let my g/f once scared the ***** outta me so that hasnt happend again and it wont my dad drives it every now and then if he geta s wild hair and decides to be nice and go fill it up with gas but that is always without me knowing but if he ever came to me andd said gimmie your keys im gonna go put gas in it he would have em before he finished talkin

Old 10-22-2002 | 06:17 PM
Hey Pat, on the positive side, you'll get ENORMOUS
Biceps and Triceps ... (Looking for some GOOD things!)

I have let several Lightning owners drive Christine, but
my wife only drove around the block in a year. And I
let a professional race driver take it down the strip
a few times to see what the heck was wrong with it.

Keep the sunny side up ... eh? My Mom said they got
6 inches of snow in the UP of Michigan this weekend.
Time to HIBERNATE up there!

Cliff

Old 10-22-2002 | 06:36 PM
I've let several people drive it. I'm not worried about the truck...I've got insurance; however, I'm not going to let someone drive it that would just kill themselves or someone else.

Old 10-22-2002 | 06:39 PM
NOBODY EVER AGAIN...... I am the unlucky guy that got his truck wrecked by his friend this weekend. Bummer but good news. He is gonna pay me, are going through my insurance and since i have never had an accident my insurances is goin to go up 85 dollars every 6 months for 3 years which he will pay along with my deductable and my truck will be fixed. I am takin it in tomorrow and it should be back in a month... Just in time for my birthday hopefully.... if not i will be stuck in my sisters piece of crap. It worked out ok because she doesnt drive till late november so i get a free car till then. Hopefully all goes well at the shop. Lets just say i am happy my 8000+ damages will be taken care of and my insurance wont go up 6500 total over 3 years so......

Old 10-22-2002 | 06:48 PM
Arrow

Originally posted by jeffsavage
I let my girlfriend take it for a spin a few weeks after I got it with her sister. I totally trust her.
I'm confused!! Are you crazy?!?! Does your girlfriend KNOW that you GOT IT WITH HER SISTER??

Old 10-22-2002 | 07:17 PM
I am a new L owner, picked up the black L in August and have never had such a good time driving to work. But the reason for this response is to let know there is hope in the future. I am 55 but when I was 21 I was involved in an airplane crash that left me with spinal injuries and after severl months in the hospital I too had dropped into the 90lb range and then I was sent home to my parents home in a wheel chair. Time passed I regained unexpected strengh and taught myself to walk again. I have been very blessed with a wonderful wife and two children and my prayer is for the same for you.

Old 10-22-2002 | 08:13 PM
|
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Thanks to all of you for your replys, Things seem to be better today (except the food). I just got out of rehab and am tired I will post in about 5 hours. Thanks guys
bluelightning

Old 10-22-2002 | 08:20 PM
I have let Hdmlnium, and Iculookin take my truck down the track before.

Old 10-23-2002 | 12:27 AM
bluelightning -

It's good to see your posts. I sounds like you may be getting depressed but fear not. It will be something you will experience in cycles but you will get thru this, and I honestly believe the doctors are wrong and you will walk again. All of us here are with you and thinking about you all the time. My prayers are with you dude!

By the way...going home in a Lightning is awesome!!!

In answer to your question:

My first L, the night I got it, I let my friend drive it for a few minutes in a totally deserted business park very late at night. Other than that no one ever drove it.

My current L...no one drives it. My girlfriend just bought a new Saturn and the first week she backed out of a parking space in an underground parking lot and clipped her passenger side mirror off on one of those pillars. So...there's no way she's driving the L.

Take care bro.

Old 10-23-2002 | 11:00 AM
I as all of u are very fussy who drives the L. Sp i would have to say that the only people that have driven my baby is my g/friend and my son,He trys asking to take it out for milk sometimes and i just turn to him and laugh

Thats just me

Old 10-23-2002 | 01:14 PM
I let my wife drive it once. She's not really into cars. But lately she's been asking to drive it. (I think she's pushing a small guilt trip on me for spending $700 in mods a few weeks ago? )

I have two other very close friends who I'll let drive it one day. But only after the all the mods are done and it's a dry smooth road.

WOT

Quick Reply: Just want to say hi to everyone and I have a good topic? Who do you let drive your Li