Lightning

Hearing a rattle in between 1st and 2nd shifts

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002 | 06:18 PM
|
Hearing a rattle in between 1st and 2nd shifts

I changed my oil yesterday with Mobil 1 5-30 synthetics. Today i noticed when taking off kinda hard in between 1st and 2nd i'm hearing a rattle. Also it seems like it's taking more effort to get the truck to pull..I also changed my fuel filter yesterday before this happen.. I wouldn't think it's the MAF or fuel pump b/c I had new ones installed. The truck revs hard but no go. Should I check fuel pressure or air fuel mixture?..Any suggestions or ideas welcome..

Thanks!
-

Old 10-26-2002 | 08:18 PM
Are you sure the fuel filter is flowing in the correct direction? Also, check your air filter for too much dirt..............

Dan

Old 10-26-2002 | 08:35 PM
|
Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
Are you sure the fuel filter is flowing in the correct direction? Also, check your air filter for too much dirt..............

Dan
Well I let the Dealer install the fuel filter and I cleaned my Air filter about a month ago..It does seem to have a small amount of debree and a small spider in between a few of the pleats.. Do you think that small amount of debree would make a difference? Where is the Fuel filter located? Maybe I can get under the truck to see if it was installed backwards..I think I remember someone on here saying that the filter should have an arrow pointing to the direction it should be installed

Thanks LIGHTNINROD!

Quick Reply: Hearing a rattle in between 1st and 2nd shifts