Lightning

Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002 | 02:38 PM
I am one of the guys with a Works 140. I actually dyno'ed 509HP SAE corrected on a stock 1999 engine at I believe about 5100 rpms. This after running out of MAF and fuel at around 4700. I also drove around on this engine/blower combo for just over a month. I had a new engine with a built bottom end on order for several months. It arrived a few weeks ago and is current in the shop being installed. There are no time slips for one obvious reason, it hasn't been raced yet. It certainly will be when its completed, and because I'm on the west coast we have racing all year long.

I'm only a Works supporter in the sense that I have had a very good experience working with them and PSP. I have been to Works once, and actually live about 430 miles away from Southern California where it is based. I bought the blower through Sal at Power Surge Performance, and paid the same price as everyone else. Being the first with the blower I expected there to be a learning curve, and there has. Most of these issues dealt with the MAF and fuel issues which anyone pushing this much air including the KB is going to have. You cannot just slap on a blower pushing this much air and expect everything else to automatically work in harmony with it. These issues either have been, or are being worked out prior to shipping the production units.

I know that my experience with Works and PSP has been great. In addition, two other Autologic tuners, who are more local to me, Dan from Las Vegas and Byron Reynolds from Santa Clara have been involved by working with Sal to get the best program for the blower. I very much get the sense that everyone is working together for the best results.

The power produced from this engine and blower combo is just awesome, with no less than 500lbs of torque through out the entire useable rpm band.

I hope this helps people when they make their decision.

99L
PSP Works 140

Last edited by Calightnin; 10-28-2002 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2002 | 02:56 PM
Can we get this back on track ???

Doug

Old 10-28-2002 | 02:57 PM
Hey Dale
great pics and info man, keep em coming, (and I'll keep drooling)
I clicked on your thread to see the "spy photos and read some info. on the new blower. Not to read a bunch of B.S. from some moron who just cant stop whining.

p.s.
some people are just born stupid they cant help it

Old 10-28-2002 | 03:23 PM
Thumbs up

When I am ready for a new motor and blower I am glad I will have choices . It'll be nice figuring out all the considerations that go into that purchase. Blower effeciency, price, service/reliability, customer support and so on.

It is my understanding that the eaton/roots is the most ineffecient. Not to throw fuel on the fire but I would like to hear some factual discussion about the design of the KB and the Works with regard to effieciency based upon their design differences.

I have heard that the works should be a more effecient design?

Old 10-28-2002 | 04:01 PM
I can't wait to see the ET's from the first truck to have the 201 on it

--Joe

Old 10-28-2002 | 04:58 PM
Will one definately need a built bottom end to run one of these new blowers?

Old 10-28-2002 | 05:14 PM
Originally posted by soap
I can't wait to see the ET's from the first truck to have the 201 on it

--Joe
So when are you going post them, soap?
Man, missed a couple days, and wow!

Old 10-28-2002 | 05:34 PM
Sal, Well, I had a bunch of replies ready for you except you haven't understood anything I've said up to this point so what is the use.

LTNSTKU, Can't you do any better than call me names?

Old 10-28-2002 | 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
So when are you going post them, soap?
I will be more than happy to post them once I get them all scanned and uploaded

--Joe

Old 10-28-2002 | 05:52 PM
There was actually no chip. But what the article doesn't say is there WAS a Ford tuner there tuning the truck via reflashing the EEC.
Can you prove that? Just asking because I didnt read that anywhere.

How about you show ME a KB truck's timeslips other than JLs. Oh wait, I forgot, there are none.
There will be this weekend, and many more to follow.

Easter;

No you cant question around here, didnt you already know that?

Seems funny to me that Easter asked a question about an obvious stab at the KB blower and was chastized for even bringing it up when all he wants to do is not waste his money on the Works without knowing what he is getting into. I am sure he is just trying to research and find out which aftermarket blower will be the best in performance, reliability, customer service and ease of installation, and I applaud him for it because too many people buy the wrong parts to start off with just because someone hyped it and it is available, just check the classifieds, you will see alot of what people dont want anymore because they bought something better.

I feel blessed that we will have many options if we want an aftermarket blower, but just like easter, I want timeslips and proof that they are worth the money, because there are lots of really fast stock blown trucks around.

I hope Don gets his situation all worked out.

G

Old 10-28-2002 | 05:58 PM
You call this a flame?

C'mon guys, can't we find a way to involve JDM, Bulldog, Zaino, ******.com, the Silverado SS or Boss 5.4?

Old 10-28-2002 | 06:03 PM
I sent bulldog money for some some stickers and a blower. I'm still debating which I'll get first... j/k

Old 10-28-2002 | 06:18 PM
Hey cant we all get along, and this means<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ALL OF US..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dam, be kool.. Peace ...

Old 10-28-2002 | 07:21 PM
Re: You call this a flame?

Originally posted by rscoleman
C'mon guys, can't we find a way to involve JDM, Bulldog, Zaino, ******.com, the Silverado SS or Boss 5.4?
Zaino... I heard cherry wet wax makes a product that is better but takes half the time to apply..... hows that..... Want me to start anymore LMAO!! The siverado SS is an ugly pig with no point to its existance.... The boss 5.4 looks good but has no *****.....

Last edited by blown318; 10-28-2002 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2002 | 08:47 PM
Callightning,

Quote: "This after running out of MAF and fuel at around 4700.

I'm not sure but I think these Blowers are going to need a 100MAF
I believe there is one available for the 03 Colbra already.
Dale 01, is that what you are calling a Bazooka Tube? I think I missed something.

Is JL running stock injectors? What other Mods to make these Blowers Work??

Jim

Quick Reply: Spy Photos.... (Works140)