Lightning

Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002 | 09:01 PM
I was uncertain on what exactly a "bazooka tube" (I thought it was a car stereo subwoofer) was as well. I guess I need to go and reread that MM&FF/Trukin' magazine article that covered the KB blower test.

But from what I have gathered from reading this thread, it was a long straight intake tube that was used in place of the airfilter that apparently aided airflow and created some sort of ram or velocity effect which it has been alleged helped to produce higher than normal HP/TQ numbers that were printed in the article.

Old 10-28-2002 | 09:11 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
The Bazooka tube was a long PVC tube that was attached to the maf... Kind of like a snorkel.. it stuck out of the trucks engine bay. I think there is a picture in the KB blower article.

As for the blowers.. Since im in Cali, I offer my truck for testing! Same truck, same day, same tuner there to tune a chip for me, stock lower pulley with the same diameter upper pulley. What do you say guys?

You know, this thread is reminding me of tonight. Being sick as a dog, I went to the grocery store for some NyQuil (by the way, NyQuil is better than DayQuil because it uses a bazooka tube to inject the liquid in my tummy)

Anyways, I was in the express lane (10 items or less) , and these two woman were arguing because the lady in front had 12 items and the lady in the back pointed it out. Screaming at the top of their lungs, how stupid it was to point out that she had 12 items, and how stupid the lady was not to read teh 10 items or less sign and obey the rules. I say screw it all and relax. It it isn't directly pissing in your cherrios, then why bother saying something. Questions are okay, but questions (like many threads here) with motives cause problems!

NOW RESPECT MY AUTHORITAR AND BEHAVE!!

Old 10-28-2002 | 09:17 PM
yes, what is this bazooka thing you speak of?

i do believe that we should be able to question all aspects of the new after market blowers coming out, but as of now i believe i see more proof that the works is going to be a better blower, but in time my opinion might change, but right now i have my doubts about changing my mind, so i think i will be on the works side of things. I believe that we should all thing this way. Although i do believe in Sal's decision that this "is/could be" a better blower...after all he does drive one of the world's fastest Ls!

i personally believe that both of these blowers are about the same on a performance level...i dont think that either of the big tuners would chose to sell a bad product without researching it some first i.e. the waiting time on the kb and works

Old 10-28-2002 | 10:10 PM
Originally posted by superfords

But from what I have gathered from reading this thread, it was a long straight intake tube that was used in place of the airfilter that apparently aided airflow and created some sort of ram or velocity effect which it has been alleged helped to produce higher than normal HP/TQ numbers that were printed in the article.
Yeah, a ram air effect on a stationary vehicle on a dyno with a supercharger that can suck more than Pamela Anderson at a KidRock concert.

Give me a break. Lets not forget the AV fuel they used too, plus the reflashed EEC by someone that happend to be able to write new programs on the spot.

G

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:55 PM
|
Lightbulb

All-
The bazooka tube was a large, long piece of PVC pipe that was used in place of the air filter… Basically eliminating the restriction of an air filter…

It is shown here:
http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/...ted/page_5.htm

Grey03-
No ram air, just no restriction of an air filter…

Racing gas was used during these tests, meaning that timing didn’t have to be taken out to stop detonation, this making more power. That is mentioned somewhere in one of the articles too…

reality1-
JL stated in another thread that he is running 50lb injectors.

Just answers to some questions / comments that I saw that didn’t get totally answered..

-Dale

Quick Reply: Spy Photos.... (Works140)