Lightning

Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002 | 11:50 PM
|
Cool Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Just a quick sneak-peek for everyone… I stopped by Works Power over the weekend and was greeted with the following sight:

A slew of Works140 whipple inlet castings being prepared for final machine work, with more waiting in the wings!!

Preliminary numbers for these kits have shown well over 500hp to the wheels. This power level was attained with the STOCK motor, STOCK injectors and STOCK MAF (The latter two of the three were out of steam.) Power was also made through an air filter (IE: No PVC “Bazooka Tube”) There is lots more power to be had with larger injectors and some MAF tweaking.

I hope Santa is nice to me this year!

-Dale

Old 10-28-2002 | 12:55 AM
How much are one of these?

Old 10-28-2002 | 02:02 AM
I believe the works 140 kit is $3500. I am trying to decide now weather I should go with more power (get the blower), or with looks (get rims)....

Old 10-28-2002 | 03:07 AM
Originally posted by J15BIG
I believe the works 140 kit is $3500. I am trying to decide now weather I should go with more power (get the blower), or with looks (get rims)....
J15BIG

If it was me i would go with the new blower...I would, but I know how tempting 20's and lp tires would look .....lucky dogg

Old 10-28-2002 | 03:49 AM
I'm deciding the same thing. Scept..I think I'm opting for the Rims (20" Antera's) and Tires...Blower can wait I think

Old 10-28-2002 | 10:15 AM
hot damn I can't wait

Old 10-28-2002 | 10:27 AM
Yeah baby . Joe, the Works 112 is $3500, the 140 kit will be closer to $4000. There are two preproduction kits already on trucks, that have reached 500rwhp with stock motor and heads. The production units will have an integrated bypass, Works intake casting, adapter plate (for 99-00 or 01-02 bolt pattern), misc parts, detailed directions, and of course the awesome 140 cubic inch Whipple screwcharger.

Old 10-28-2002 | 10:37 AM
Re: Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Originally posted by Dale-01L
Just a quick sneak-peek for everyone… I stopped by Works Power over the weekend and was greeted with the following sight:

Preliminary numbers for these kits have shown well over 500hp to the wheels. This power level was attained with the STOCK motor, STOCK injectors and STOCK MAF (The latter two of the three were out of steam.) Power was also made through an air filter (IE: No PVC “Bazooka Tube”) There is lots more power to be had with larger injectors and some MAF tweaking.

-Dale
I don't want to start anything, but you bring up a pvc bazooka tube which is a slant against the KB and their testing in MM&FF and Trukin' magazine. I still haven't seen any times posted for this whipple 140 and you are basically saying it is better than the KB. The proof is in the time slips. Where are they. We all know there are some test vehicles out there with these blowers. If the times were that great they would be posted all over the net. Also isn't the new KB different (bigger) from the KB that the mags tested? Also, isn't the quickest Lightning using the stock blower?

Old 10-28-2002 | 10:45 AM
I don't know about you guys but if sal said its the best I'm going to beleive him! I haven't been steered wrong in 3 years with sal and I don't see that happening now.

Old 10-28-2002 | 10:45 AM
Originally posted by J15BIG
RIMS RIMS RIMS!

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:05 AM
Re: Re: Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Originally posted by easterisland
I don't want to start anything, but you bring up a pvc bazooka tube which is a slant against the KB and their testing in MM&FF and Trukin' magazine. I still haven't seen any times posted for this whipple 140 and you are basically saying it is better than the KB. The proof is in the time slips. Where are they. We all know there are some test vehicles out there with these blowers. If the times were that great they would be posted all over the net. Also isn't the new KB different (bigger) from the KB that the mags tested? Also, isn't the quickest Lightning using the stock blower?

So what? The guy has a right to say whatever he wants. It's not like he's saying stuff that isn't true. He's just passing along information about an upcoming product, just like everyone else does. When more data comes out in the future, it will be posted as well.

You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder lately. Most of your recent posts are simply attacks on stuff you don't like or agree with. Not that you are not entitiled to your opinion, but your opinions lately are full of cheap shots and negative accusations for the sole purpose or stirring things up.

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:25 AM
easterisland (in Tenneessee?)

It is obvious from the multitude of your posts that you are a KB homer. Any time anything comes up about the Works, you are all over it challenging everyone and crying "timeslips, timeslips". Be patient and you will see plenty of slips. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy your moment.

I will say one thing............WFC and Lightningfest are going to be VERY interesting next year.

See you there........................................

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:30 AM
Re: Re: Re: Spy Photos.... (Works140)

Originally posted by LightningTuner
So what? The guy has a right to say whatever he wants. It's not like he's saying stuff that isn't true. He's just passing along information about an upcoming product, just like everyone else does. When more data comes out in the future, it will be posted as well.

You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder lately. Most of your recent posts are simply attacks on stuff you don't like or agree with. Not that you are not entitiled to your opinion, but your opinions lately are full of cheap shots and negative accusations for the sole purpose or stirring things up.
That is not true. You sell the works therefore are defensive. I can understand that. I'm just curious as to why Dale gets down on the KB while praising the Works when I haven't seen any time slips...

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:37 AM
Re: easterisland (in Tenneessee?)

Originally posted by TimBurntire
It is obvious from the multitude of your posts that you are a KB homer. Any time anything comes up about the Works, you are all over it challenging everyone and crying "timeslips, timeslips". Be patient and you will see plenty of slips. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy your moment.

I will say one thing............WFC and Lightningfest are going to be VERY interesting next year.

See you there........................................
I called you at REM about a works blower a couple of months ago. You didn't have one if you did I probably would have bought one. JL said his was supposed to be out oct 5th. It isn't and it will probably be awhile still.
The originally post in this thread took a stab at KB blowers while not posting anything better about the 140 works. Well, this is your chance post some god damn numbers and you can settle it right here and now. Oh, you don't have any better numbers than what the KB produces? That's what I thought.
Just because I want a bigger blower doesn't mean I am for one tuner over another. The tuner bull**** on this board is too much I post what I feel and what I see and hear. I'm not paid by anyone and don't get special favors like alot of the guys. I've spent a lot of money with every "tuner" out there except swanson I'm not biased chill out!

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:47 AM
I don't see any jabs at the KB anywhere in this post. I don't even see the KB mentioned, except for you bringing it into this post. Dale was just saying how dyno testing was conducted on the Works kit. You want numbers? How about 505 rwhp at only 4700 rpms on CA pump gas. And that's only with 20 psi, the blower is capable of over 30 psi, but testing was done on a stock motor. The reason for the 4700 rpm power number is because the Whipple moves so much air, the factory injectors and 90mm MAF were maxed at 4700 rpms. As for timeslips, you'll just have to wait and see, but I'm sure with a monster like the Works 140, the times will be "impressive".

Quick Reply: Spy Photos.... (Works140)