Lightning

The TRUTH about Works vs KB blowers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002 | 11:45 PM
That was the best breakdown i've seen on these two devices yet....and prolly ever...at least till we get some more people running them But thanks Sal that just proves that there are still good people on this board!

Old 10-29-2002 | 12:23 AM
|
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Chris, I will try to answer as many of your questions as possible to the best of my knowledge, because I respect you, and know your questions are genuine. I all honesty though, I've covered most of what you're asking in previous posts....

...Holy cow, my brain hurts.
Sal, I was away for an hour or two paying bills and watching a little TV, I just got back to check on this thread.

I just finished reading the "my brain hurts" post.

Again, I'd just like to say THANK YOU for taking the time to do that research and sit down type out an answer to each of my questions. I genuinely appreciate the fact that you were willing to do that.

I'm sure you'd have given me the same info over the phone, but this way more people here can become more informed on this subject and formulate their own opinions and make their own educated decisions about what they'd like to do with their trucks and their money.

thanks again for your time and effort

sincerely,
chris haynie

Old 10-29-2002 | 05:18 AM
I can't wait to get home to read this post, don't have enough time this morning. Thanks Sal, for taking the time to answer the many questions Iam sure alot of us have

Old 10-29-2002 | 06:27 AM
Thumbs up

Sal,
That was an AWESOME INFORMATIVE POST. ""I want one now"". Time to start saving, I always said I was saving the "BIG ONE" for you, this just "might be" that Mod.

At the rate you maniacs are mod-ing these days, if I'm not in the 11's by next spring, I'll be left in the dust, "LITERALLY".
There goes any chance of my kid ever going to college

I can handle that install right ?

Old 10-29-2002 | 08:07 AM
Great post Sal.
I think I would have to wait until a few of these blowers (Works or KB) are actually on customers trucks. That way I can see time slips and read posts about positives and negatives with both mfrs. Just my opinion if I am going to spend 4 Large on a blower set up.

Old 10-29-2002 | 08:38 AM
Thumbs up

Sal,
Very fair presentation, thank you. I hope Johnny Lightning can find the time to flesh-out the KB side of the story.

Old 10-29-2002 | 09:17 AM
Thumbs up

Sal is the Lightning community's 'Tom Clancy'-------lotsa writin' with a lot of info.

Dan

Old 10-29-2002 | 09:28 AM
Thumbs up

This is what this board should be all about. Excellent post with excellent information.

Old 10-29-2002 | 10:45 AM
Rest In Peace
Thumbs up

NeedFourSpeed
I remeber when i first came here thats how it use to be. What the Hell happened .

Old 10-29-2002 | 10:58 AM
Sal,

Very nicely done. I was about half way done with doing the same thing when I saw your post come up. I won't reitereate.

There are going to be a lot of very fast trucks...........very soon.

WorksPower is making us a great supercharger that will satisfy the most voracious power needs.

Old 10-29-2002 | 11:57 AM
"Lysholm invented the screw blower, so we
think it is safe to say they know more about how to build them than others."

That is not always the case.

"According to Autorotor's website the Autorotors are not
QS-certifiable."

I just read they were "proceeding" with their certification...look at their web site

"There really isn't a specific rpm that Eaton and Magnuson set for a "max" rating."

Then why is Don having such a big problem getting his blower repaired?
The following is taken from one of Don's recent posts, "I just got off the phone with Ed Tresbeck from Magnuson. He told me after further inspection that they could not tell that it had ingested anything. He told me it looked like it had been severly overspun, because of that the rotors made contact with the housing. This is what they beleive caused the damage."
So, the eaton was over spun and warranty coverage was denied. I guess they don't have a "max" rating because it is safer for them as a company not to.

"I would like to think that the time I spent on this post was informative, and not just more fuel for the people with the big chips on their shoulders."

Me too.

Old 10-29-2002 | 01:25 PM
Sal,
one more question
Will the new blower be safe with a stock bottom end.
All this extra pressure seems like it would break the rods quickly.
Am I wrong.
Thanks
Chris

Old 10-29-2002 | 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Stormyday
Sal,
one more question
Will the new blower be safe with a stock bottom end.
All this extra pressure seems like it would break the rods quickly.
Am I wrong.
Thanks
Chris
I personally think that you can make more power with the newer blowers cause your making more boost at lower RPM's. I think most of the people breaking rods are people reving the crqap out of there motors way past what they are ment to be. I've personally been running around with major boost and nitrous on my truck with no problems yet and that may just be luck, but my RPMS are limited to a say amount also.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats got allot to do with it right sal? Its all about efficiency

Old 10-29-2002 | 02:21 PM
easterisland
This is just my opinion and I'm not trying to start a war.....but look at the pictures of Don's Bolt blower. See the one that showes the outside of the case. Compare that picture to a stock eaton...Specifically..... look at how the ribs are shaped on the outside of the case.

Again this is just my opinion, but I think Don's blower case imploded or shrunk under high vacuum. Maybe at the top of a run and snap the throttle shut. The top of the case came down and hit the rotors under vacuum.

Thats the way I see it any body else got any ideas.

By the way Sal.....Nice Job. I'm a Lysholm fan.
Dale

Old 10-29-2002 | 02:25 PM
Excellent post Sal, thanks for taking the time to do the research and write it.

Quick Reply: The TRUTH about Works vs KB blowers.