Lightning

Found On Road Dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
34. Check to make sure you get the Fractured Fog Lamps
(This can because you turn the lights on in the FOG!!)

Old 10-30-2002, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the general opinion on way plugs come loose not tight enuf. To tight and stripped. Or certian type of plug?

Old 10-30-2002, 01:15 PM
Ally-
I've always heard/figured that it was because of the small number of threads actually holding the plug in place.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by WHITE01XXX
What the hell is this ****.

Do you realy think FOMOCO did not think these limited edition BIG HRP vehicles would be raced hard and modified right off the line, think again.
Why do you think they do the warrenty work on these modified vehicles, mine included, not just us but cobras too.
I drove an 96 explorer for 6 years and never popped the hood but to get a look at that 302 stuffed in there.
But these are a diffrent breed of trucks.
I knew about the platinum plug deal befor i bought my truck and i do mine myself now.
Man you better check under the hood of your truck and get to know it well or get rid of it.
If you need you should get a honda dude.
Why I don't know if my limited mechanical experience will allow me to work on such a sophisticated vehicle such as this. I really don't like to work on cars with fenders, or ones as heavy as these.
I don't think it, I know that FOMOCO could care less if you race YOUR L. AS long as YOU understand that THEY did not design it to be raced or modified and of course they will not warranty such practices.
Please explain how these trucks are a "different breed" than Fords other products?
Do you think that if you bought an Aston Martin Vantage ( a FOMOCO product) that they would warranty a modified or raced vehicle?

[disclaimer] Hopefully if you can afford one you wouldn't ask[disclaimer off]

Old 11-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by whitetoast11
all you guys are full of ****,, big time full of ****,,, ,, I should call for freaking tsb's right off the line the day after I get my truck,, **** that,, **** checking plugs,, you dont know how much this crap pisses me off,,, Sure I check my own plugs but only becasue I have to,, its ****ing bull**** that the first time I did 3 of the 8 were finger tight. then ford should have a check plug gauge that shines a ****ing flashy light when you need your plugs changed or tightninged,,, there is a light for everyt ****ing thing else,, You people on these boards are full of **** if you think the average Joe should be required to check the ****ing spark plugs the day after they buy it.sure as hell dont have interenet,,, I hate you damn people.

~Toasted
flashy light to tel me the plugs are loose....perfect.

You are so right, every word, even the ********ones right on!

Old 11-01-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah!!! What whitetoast11 said!!!

Old 11-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Schit, I love this topic, FORD SUCKS, END OF STORY.

Sure we got the fastest truck on the planet, and quite frankly the fastest car too if you compare it to cars in the same price class.
Now I need to protect my investment. But I, like most, got a 3 YR bumper to bumper USELESS WRRNTY. If they wan't to *** with us, they'll find something to void the wrrnty (usually they do). If your like me, you just assumed you had a couple of good years without worry so you do the usual Mods to basically find out your on your own now, and the wrrnty is really gone. Then you find out there's a list a mile long of Known Issues from everything from a Motor, to Tranny, to Intercooler, to Interior, to Front End, to the Dam Windows. We wont even go into the dam noises, leaks, creaks, ticks, clunks, and gaskets.

Now on top of this "WE" have to worry about the plugs because some ******* that is suppose to be part of a Elite Special Vehicle Team can't tighten the ****ers before it leaves the plant. Or fix the clunk, or tighten the loose ground effects. THIS IS UN****INGBELIEVABLE, and outright BULL****. FORD OUGHT TO ****ING GO OUT OF BUSINESS FOR WHAT THEY DID TO US.

FORD OUGHT TO HAVE A RECALL ON EVERY GOD DAM HEAD OUT THERE, they should replace them with a new improved version, and they should do it no matter what Mod's we have.
IT PLAYS NO PART IN THEIR SCREW UP

Old 11-01-2002, 11:59 PM
NOW THATS VENTING AT IT'S BEST

Damn, WHAT04 I love that list, but it pretty much says it all. Looking at each one which has been beat to death on this and several other Lightning Forums for the past 3 years. Everyone should know what to look for on his/her truck by now, RIGHT?

Yall vent on, but ya still gotta do it, or ya Lightnin is going to give you nuttin but head pain.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Whitetoast11 and WHAT04, I am with you guys! Not that I'm bitter or anything. I won't get bitter til my L does the lurch on startup like some of you guys!

But you all were lucky - when my plug blew I was over 100 miles from home and it was like 2 AM. Ford would only tow to nearest dealer, so I waited 3 or 4 hours for AAA to show up. Rode in a flatbed that cut off every other mile (requiring towtruck driver to swerve onto shoulder under NO power with my precious cargo in back, until he could kickstart the engine and get it bucking again for another mile). I think I got home at like 6 AM. Worst night I can remember in a long time. Thanks Ford!

Old 11-03-2002, 11:14 AM
For all of you that bleed ford blue. Put you money $$ where your mouth is and support your dieing (black &) blue oval.
Day's High 8.59 52 Week High 19.08
Day's Low 8.31 52 Week Low 6.90
The scale is a whopping .20 cents!!!
And of course it finished DOWN. Maybe we should start a poll as to which Co. or maybe the US Gov (which is us) will bail them out. I only hope its not Hyundia or even worse Mitsubitchi

Last edited by Redneck Ferrari; 11-03-2002 at 11:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Found On Road Dead