Lightning

My Truck Got Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUDE! Justin...that sucks man! I wouldn't want it back now either. Well, maybe now you can get that 'Vette I have a lot of Bro's down in the Detroit area & vicinity...I am meeting up with them tonite...I will have them keep their eyes peeled. Man, I hate to see you leave the boards like this insted of selling or trading. Oh well, Im sure you will stick around. Good luck my man...keep us posted.

Hey SVT SHAWN
I can see how it was stolen. This is Motor City dude...every car on god's green earth can be found here...and our car thieves are some of the best. That ignition chip is a sweet piece of software...but if your really good, it can be bypassed. If they didn't have Crazyfoo's keys than it was someone who knew his s*!t. If I was Crazyfoo, I wouldn't worry, someone with that kinda knowledge isn't just goin' for a joyride...that baby's GONE!

Last edited by frgetit; 11-02-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by frgetit
I wouldn't worry, someone with that kinda knowledge isn't just goin' for a joyride...that baby's GONE!
Way to keep his hopes up

--Joe

Old 11-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by frgetit
that baby's GONE!
now that's what i wanna hear! hopefully the yellow vette will be in my future

Old 11-02-2002, 01:59 PM
CrazyFoo,

If I do see it around, because I know what your truck looks like (seen you driving around), Ill be sure to follow it and call 911.

Old 11-02-2002, 02:12 PM
im really sorry to hear about your truck. I have very little remorse for people who steal, especially L's. Good luck with finding it.

Old 11-02-2002, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear that my friend!! Im sure something will show up or either she is in a chop shop. If you get it all worked out, ill take those extra 18's off your hands, email me....

Old 11-02-2002, 03:32 PM
This is terrible news. What kind of alarm did you have on it? What's this about special keys??

Old 11-02-2002, 03:39 PM
CrazyFoo, sorry to hear about this situation. There is nothing I hate more than having something stolen, you want revenge, but you don't even know who to take it out on. it sucks.

I hope they find your truck and catch the a-holes who stole it.

maybe they'll find it wrecked and them inside wounded or something like that.

that way, they'll be punished and you won't have to take your truck back after it's been abused by some low life thief.

two birds with one stone.

good luck.

later,
chris

Old 11-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by device manager
This is terrible news. What kind of alarm did you have on it? What's this about special keys??
i dont have an alarm, and i dont know anything about special keys???

Old 11-02-2002, 03:42 PM
man that realy sucks sorry to hear that........... hope u find it

my simpithy

the f100 guy

Old 11-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CHIT............Iam pissed now.
All these thieving basta*ds

Old 11-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Justin,
that REALLY sucks.......JR
hope they catch those bastard$.................

Old 11-02-2002, 04:10 PM
If you think they might come back, can I park my F150 in your drive? Sorry to hear about it man. I'm with you though, hope they chop it or total it out.

Old 11-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CrazyFoo
i dont have an alarm, and i dont know anything about special keys???
The SPECIAL keys that keep being mentioned are called PATS keys or Passive Anti Theft System. I believe they call it Securi-Lock or something like that in your owners manual.

They keys have a little computer chip inside (you can see it if you look at the big end of the key on top near the hole for the key ring). The car has to be programmed to recognize this chip, or else the car won't start. Even if somebody had a key cut just like yours, they wouldn't be able to start your vehicle unless they programmed the key.

Of course there's probably ways around the system, I've just never heard of one being stolen before, but I've also never really payed attention. It would be interesting to call some insurance companies or police departments or something and find out how many late model Ford vehicles with PATS actually get stolen.

Btw, any ford dealer has access to a portable scan tool that could reprogram the pats keys recognized by the truck.

however, they'd still have to have a key cut exactly like yours in order to open the door and then turn the ignition switch on. It is a two step security system, mechanical (key cut) and electronic (chip keys).

with both you could steal a car in about 12 minutes or less.

However the likelyhood of this scenario is very slim.

I'd suspect that there is some quicker way around the system, but I don't know for sure.

later,
chris

Old 11-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Actually the history of vehicles with PATS getting stolen is pretty slim. Even Ford put out a broadcast message saying that due to the success of PATS with car theft, taurus (and other lines following) will change mid year production to delete the steering column lock. There are a lot of people (older, weaker) that park with the wheel turned and cant get the key to turn when they go to restart, so ford is doing away with steering column locks alltogether.

Quick Reply: My Truck Got Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!