Lightning

My Truck Got Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havent i read on this board about 3 or 4 trucks getting stolen in the last 3 or 4 weeks. There must be an easy way around this system.

Old 11-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Justin, did you have remote start in the truck? Remote start is great, but it's the worst thing you can put in a PATS vehicle because it requires either a key blank, or a module box, stored in the truck at all time to activate the remote start with no key. If you had remote start, then stealing the truck is as easy as bypassing the alarm and turning the key cylinder.

Sorry to hear BTW, that totally sucks.

Old 11-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Im no theif but whats to prevent someone from just jumping the solenoid and starting the truck?

P.S. Sorry for the loss man, I know how it feels, had my Mustang stolen a couple years back...got it back and it wassnt trashed too bad just missing the radio and my cobra r wheels and nitrous. Still had the motor and tremec in it though! and interior was untouched other than the missing head unti and amps

Old 11-02-2002, 06:25 PM
what solenoid? there is no solenoid to make the PCM have injector pulse if it doesnt want to.

The starter spins when PATS is active anyway.

Also, you can run the engine off ether, or a fuel injector cleaner setup like we have at work when PATS is in theft mode.

But if the truck was pulled in the driveway with the rearend towards the road, it doesnt take much to backup with a wheel lift tow truck and scoop it and run. We have a customer at work that has a SupDuty with a quiet V10 and wheel lift controls in the cab that does late night repo's. When he drops it off for service, he always tows a car for him to drive during the day, and when he gets in the tow truck to leave, he backs up and scoops the car up and pulls away in like 10 seconds.

Last edited by kidtriton; 11-02-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jefflaws
what solenoid? there is no solenoid to make the PCM have injector pulse if it doesnt want to.

The starter spins when PATS is active anyway.

Also, you can run the engine off ether, or a fuel injector cleaner setup like we have at work when PATS is in theft mode.

But if the truck was pulled in the driveway with the rearend towards the road, it doesnt take much to backup with a wheel lift tow truck and scoop it and run. We have a customer at work that has a SupDuty with a quiet V10 and wheel lift controls in the cab that does late night repo's. When he drops it off for service, he always tows a car for him to drive during the day, and when he gets in the tow truck to leave, he backs up and scoops the car up and pulls away in like 10 seconds.
your right on the repo guys.... They can steal chit fast with there setups!!!!

Old 11-02-2002, 09:10 PM
thats why i ALWAYS turn my wheels to the extrene right or left when i park and engage the column lock. it keeps the scoopers from doin a quick scoop and go...

they can always spend the time to put the front end up on tow wheels, but time is of the essence for these people... i make it as difficult as possible... but if they want it bad enough, they'll take it..

Old 11-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Damn, that really sucks...

One thing you might want to do is keep an eye on ebay. You might have some dumb thieves try and pawn them off there. After all, isnt like 30% of all stuff sold on ebay stolen anyway?
Just an idea....sorry to hear, and goodluck

Jon

Old 11-02-2002, 09:52 PM
This might not be it but. If your truck has been to the dealer lately the employee of the ford place could have made another key with the computer chip. then all he had to do was walk up to your house at night and hope in and go. This is probley not the case but anything can happen

Old 11-02-2002, 10:34 PM
wow

Sorry to hear that bro. I would be absolutely heart broken. Hearing this makes me want to get me *** in gear in having an alarm put in. I've been contemplating it but just leary of letting some monkey touch my truck. I guess having it stolen would be worse. Good luck in whatever happens. Keep us posted.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Sorry to hear. I have had 3 cars stolen in my lifetime and it $ucked every time.I hope it works out for you.

VINNIE

Last edited by VINNIE; 11-03-2002 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Angry

Ugh! That is so frigg'n frustrating! I was so pissed when the thiev'n ba$tards busted up my wife's chevy truck for the stereo a few months ago. I think I would have a stroke if they took my L! I bet they towed it. My Grandmother got a brandnew (2weeks/300miles) Firebird stolen that way.
I had your burnout photo set as my desktop for a few months... I love this photo. Now I can't look at it without thinking about you... Sorry buddy. Let us know what happens.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Unhappy

CrazyFoo,
That is really bad news, I hope everything works out for you in the end. Maybe a Millennium Yellow z06 is in your future? I just looked at one in a dealer near my house a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to talk one of my friends into buying it, but he ended up picking up a couple year old M3.
I hope you get your Vette...
Bill

Old 11-03-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by hdmlnium
Maybe a Millennium Yellow z06 is in your future? I hope you get your Vette...
Bill
You hit the nail right on the head! i talked to the insurance company tonight, and they said that they will wait 30 days, and then some company they go through will acess the value of my truck by contacting dealers or something? and i will just be out the $500 for my deductable. the price of the rims will be added into what my truck is worth, that is if i can find the reciept! i am also gonna try and find the reciept for my seat covers, grill, and window tint. that should more than offset the $500 deductable! well if i hear more, i will keep you all updated! does any one have an idea of what i would get from the ins. company for my truck? www.kbb.com says almost $30,000. and also, would i get what i paid for my rims, or less cause they are used?

--Justin

Old 11-03-2002, 02:27 AM
Ask your Ins. Company how much would it cost them to replace it all? Rims/appearance items, etc.? You should make out just fine, at least we hope you do. By the way I think i saw your truck bar hopping tonight...LOL...J/K. I know that was below the belt!

Old 11-03-2002, 02:43 AM
lol, no i really dont care who has my truck, as long as I dont see it again!

Quick Reply: My Truck Got Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!