Lightning

My Truck Got Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002 | 03:20 AM
Don't blame ya for not wanting it back. Hope you can make a good opportunity from your misfortune.
Sory to hear about it!

Old 11-03-2002 | 03:34 AM
Originally posted by CrazyFoo
.....................and also, would i get what i paid for my rims, or less cause they are used?

--Justin

Ultimately I suppose it depends on which insurance company you have as to whether they will cover certain items under your policy. My experience has been with State Farm Ins. I have full coverage with no extra policy and they'll cover anything that is permanently mounted to the vehicle (i.e. rims and after market stereo) as long as you have proof that you had those items. Photos prolly will help also. I imagine items such as pullies, chips, and grills would be covered also, so find those receipts as well. If you can't find them, contact the companies you bought them from and see if they'll mail or fax you an invoice.

There was no depreciation on my stuff that was stolen. They gave me face value for my receipts.

Last edited by svtdvm; 11-03-2002 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2002 | 08:28 AM
That sucks man.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

WOT

Old 11-03-2002 | 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LatemodelRacer2
This might not be it but. If your truck has been to the dealer lately the employee of the ford place could have made another key with the computer chip. then all he had to do was walk up to your house at night and hope in and go. This is probley not the case but anything can happen

You can protect yourself from that by always just leaving one key (preferably the one you dont usually use) while its being worked on. If someone makes a new key for it and programs it and the one you left (you always have to program 2 keys at a time, and when you do that, the other key that you didnt leave them wont work anymore) when you go to use your regular key, it will not work. That way you know that no one has reprogrammed keys.

Old 11-03-2002 | 10:48 AM
Being it is a fairly new truck I would say you probably wont see it again.
Although, I don't think they grabbed your truck because its a Lightning. They probably took it for the rims.
If that is the case, It will probably turn up somewhere.
They probably watched you and knew your schedule as sad as that seems.
And the Alarms are nice to notify you of someone jerking with a truck in listening distance, but all they do is do alittle work to the drivetrain, roll it ahead out of site and pickup with Car Carrier.
They actually stole one of our Car carriers in NJ and stole a new car off a sales lot.
One thing I would look at is Lojak. Atleast your chances of getting the truck back fast, with less damage, are better.

I hope it works out for you. It is a sad part of our lives and I don't see it getting any better soon.

Old 11-03-2002 | 11:41 AM
|
i was deciding btw 2 trucks, one with lojack, and one without, luckily i chose the one without

Old 11-03-2002 | 11:42 AM
Jeff thats a great idea. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2002 | 11:58 AM
DL
Sorry to hear that..I need to get some extra insurance for my Mod's., just in case.

Sorry Man , that sux!!

Old 11-03-2002 | 03:59 PM
Justin,

I had a 2001 Maxima SE, 5spd, (fun car)... Anyway I had it for about one year then a tropical storm flooded it out with salt water, totaled it. Insurance co. looked at replacement cost for the car. Basicly they took 500 mile radius from where I live, they looked at dealer lots for a similar Maximas with similar options, adjusted for miles/options (gave me $50 extra for tint) then wrote me a nice check. I did pretty well. I paid $26,800 OTD, they gave me $25k... So $1,800 for one year/4k miles! They took a week to come pick up the Maxima, it still ran, I had so much fun beat'n the hell out of it that week. Since I did so well with the Ins. and Ford had 0% on the L's I was able to finally afford one. I hope you do as well as I did. To get an idea, do a search in your area for used L's for sale similar to yours. Good luck! Get the Vette. The L's are great, but a change keeps it interesting.

Old 11-03-2002 | 07:31 PM
Are you sure you didn't just misplace it?

<----

Old 11-03-2002 | 08:31 PM
|
lmao, no i did not mis place it!

Old 11-03-2002 | 11:29 PM
Originally posted by CrazyFoo
lmao, no i did not mis place it!
Alzheimers kicking already?

Quick Reply: My Truck Got Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!