Lightning

Another 01 goes down---Blown Engine-->>

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sanded contacts can be fixed by this...

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/422a.html

Make sure to turn on the lights after disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and the turn the lights back off before you reconnect the battery. Also take precuation in making sure you dont scratch up the bolt for the pulley to much or even the floor on the passenger side when you take out the computer. There is a black rubber section of the floor that gets scratches when the computer is pulled out.

Sorry to hear about the motor.. you can try under warrenty but dont be upset if they say no way

Originally posted by '01ArrestMeRed
Cool!!!

I'm sure that no Ford employees of any kind come in here and read posts. If they did, they might save your photos for the next Lightning that comes in with holes in the block for a warranty engine. I'm also sure that they will not check the ECM for the sanded contacts. LOL

Good Luck !!

Old 11-03-2002, 05:54 PM
NTIMD8 your right that you have to try
If all else fails maybe arrest me can build him a new motor..

Old 11-03-2002, 05:56 PM
Exactly, you try and if you dont get it then you cant be upset since you modded. You then look at your other options. Good luck to your friend.

Originally posted by JeffsLightning

Old 11-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Exactly, you try and if you dont get it then you cant be upset since you modded.
Why is it that me and every other SVT owner has to pay up for the truck through higher pricing in the future? The truck was modded. The minute the decision was made to do that, the right to have Ford repair the truck at no cost went out the window.

It's a simple matter of taking responsibility for your actions. Nobody want's to do that anymore. They want to blame the system, the manuacturer, etc.

They must have know that L's were going to modded, so they should have engineered them for that possibility. (Sarcasm)

Just tell you're buddy to grow up and quit expecting others to take responsibility for his actions.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:03 PM
I sure can! Just tell your friend to bring lotsa money. Maybe he'd like to buy the engine out of my '01 with 33,000 troublefree miles ? Everything has a price.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:07 PM
I understand what you are saying and agree to a point... but there is nothing that can be done about it. People will try and "get away" with it. To each their own I guess.

Originally posted by Lightningbug
Why is it that me and every other SVT owner has to pay up for the truck through higher pricing in the future? The truck was modded. The minute the decision was made to do that, the right to have Ford repair the truck at no cost went out the window.

It's a simple matter of taking responsibility for your actions. Nobody want's to do that anymore. They want to blame the system, the manuacturer, etc.

They must have know that L's were going to modded, so they should have engineered them for that possibility. (Sarcasm)

Just tell you're buddy to grow up and quit expecting others to take responsibility for his actions.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:10 PM
Lightningbug everyone knows that the rods in Lightning's are weak. Look at what's in the blown 03 Cobra Since Ford put not up to the task parts in an engine they must be given a chance to make it right So they will

Old 11-03-2002, 06:17 PM
If I mod it or not, I'd still try and get Ford to cover it under warrantee. I dont give a ***** what ANYONE thinks about it!!
Screw morals!!!!!!!! I'm takin all I can get

I play, they pay

I wont even ask the question thats on everyones mind. Certainly wouldnt want to start a war, or something.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Lightningbug everyone knows that the rods in Lightning's are weak. Look at what's in the blown 03 Cobra Since Ford put not up to the task parts in an engine they must be given a chance to make it right So they will
Ummm................ how many miles were on this '01L????

If what you are saying about inherantly weak parts is true, how come we have 33,000 miles on our Lightning, and the stock rods are in it......... and there are no windows in the block???? I mean, if they are "so" weak, some of the rods should just give up the ghost bone stock. In the words of the original poster "he ONLY had a pulley, chip and filter."

Old 11-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Lightningbug everyone knows that the rods in Lightning's are weak.
Yes, but they are just fine for an unmodified L. I have not heard of any stock L throwing a rod.

If I mod it or not, I'd still try and get Ford to cover it under warrantee. I dont give a ***** what ANYONE thinks about it!!
Screw morals!!!!!!!! I'm takin all I can get
And you wonder why the country is goin' to hell in a handbasket

Old 11-03-2002, 06:24 PM

It goes along with growing up. Reminds me so much of the days of the early muscle cars. Same deal. Thank God I grew up.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:32 PM
And you wonder why the country is goin' to hell in a handbasket
Yeah, thats why.........

Couldnt have anything to do with American companies selling out to foreign ones OR American companies moving jobs to Mexico for cheap labor.

Old 11-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Yes, but they are just fine for an unmodified L. I have not heard of any stock L throwing a rod.
Obviously you havent been watching the boards or havent talked to any tuners. There have been thrown rods on stock motors, especially early 01's

Old 11-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since no one asked, I will, "What chip was in the truck?"

Old 11-03-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Since no one asked, I will, "What chip was in the truck?"
THERE IT IS!

Want to fill us in Jeff? Exactly what chip/tune was in that truck?