Lightning

Anyone else sick of these "my engine just blew" threads???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like I said before

Old 11-06-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by '01ArrestMeRed
PS, 33,000 miles and running strong (even with the cruise set at 90 for 80+ miles at a time).
what a harda$$.

you guys all b*tch and moan about responsibilty so why dont we just make these "tuner cards" that give the A/F and timing of the chip available?? to me, THAT would be taking responsibility.

if you look at it from a consumer's angle instead of kissing your vendor's a$$, how many care that some shmuck threw a 6 lber. on his L w/o a chip?? does it effect you??? no, he/she is the idiot. but when a tuner *messes up* or *misinforms you* about what your chip's settings are...more than likely it has or will happen to more than one person. to me, THAT's more scary.

some people on here probably aren't as knowledgeable about our L's but that doesn't give ANYONE the right to bend them over and....

Old 11-06-2002, 10:35 AM
That deserves a

well said cyntaxx!

Old 11-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by LightninSVT
Some of us don't have the luxury of going to the Parts counter and saying "Yes, I'd like a new Ford Lightning motor please...I'll be paying cash" If you can get away with Ford paying for it, why not? Spend an hour removing mods...save 5K??? Seems logical to me. I'll let all the "honest" posters flame me now.
Gee I dunno...maybe because it is immoral? Some of us live by a personal code of honor, others apparently do not.

Chances are your mods broke your motor so it should be your responsibility, not the OEM's. If you wanna play you gots ta pay.

Old 11-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Re: Anyone else sick of these "my engine just blew" threads???

Originally posted by 94LightningGal
Anyone else sick of these "my engine just blew" threads???
Sick of this thread now...

Old 11-06-2002, 02:36 PM
i'm sick of all these "if you wanna play you gotta play bs"...

are you saying in order to get initiated into the 12 or 11 second club you gotta get reemed by a tuner???

Old 11-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Thumbs up

Originally posted by cyntaxx
i'm sick of all these "if you wanna play you gotta play bs"...

are you saying in order to get initiated into the 12 or 11 second club you gotta get reemed by a tuner???
u tell em cyntaxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2002, 02:46 PM
I'm not gonna touch this one !

Old 11-06-2002, 07:21 PM
I think it is funny as "awe get out" that the thread that starts as, <<Anyone else sick of these "my engine just blew" threads???>>
ends up being one of those threads .

Rocks

Old 11-06-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Rocks
I think it is funny as "awe get out" that the thread that starts as, <<Anyone else sick of these "my engine just blew" threads???>>
ends up being one of those threads .

Rocks
LMAO!!! very true!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2002, 08:31 PM
94LightningGal,

Look what you started, it's great.

Kind of reminds me of time I went to a morals and ethics class with some guys from the PD and FD.

It is funny how ethics vary from person to person.

How can some of these people sleep at night knowing that someone else has to pay for their mistakes?

If everyone had that attitude, pretty soon, none of us could afford a new car because the cost of warranty work would be so outrageous. You don't think the auto manufacturers are going to keep swallowing this expensive pill without some recourse do you?

The thread that may never die

Old 11-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by FireGuy

How can some of these people sleep at night knowing that someone else has to pay for their mistakes?

are you talking about the tuners who misinform or the manufacturers for their lack of QC?

and as for warranty, i guess i'm not fortunate enough to have purchased a PERFECT truck from the factory since my tips are dragging, my front/rear bumpers are misaligned as is my bed, and my foglights are cracked. i'm sorry for upping the warranty cost for the rest of you but my truck is just a freak .

maybe next time i'll give miss cleo a call before i visit the dealership for a new car or buy an aftermarket chip.

Old 11-06-2002, 09:06 PM

maybe next time i'll give miss cleo a call before i visit the dealership for a new car or buy an aftermarket chip.
Let me know if you're serious about calling Ms. Cleo. I have a discount coupon for her, that you can use. That way you'll feel like you got more than your moneys worth. Then when you have problems........you can blame another 2 people. LOL

Old 11-07-2002, 12:15 AM
well i figure these days w/ all this "blame-shifting" that ms. cleo is as honest as anyone

how bout i BUY that coupon from you, but it turns out that by the time i receive advice its AFTER the coupon's limit, pay 4 bucks/min....then instead of blaming you for selling me the BS coupon..i just keep it to myself and put another tally mark on the "you play you pay" wall.

Old 11-07-2002, 12:21 AM
well i figure these days w/ all this "blame-shifting" that ms. cleo is as honest as anyone

how bout i BUY that coupon from you, but it turns out that by the time i receive advice its AFTER the coupon's limit, pay 4 bucks/min....then instead of blaming you for selling me the BS coupon..i just keep it to myself and put another tally mark on the "you play you pay" wall.
BUWAHAHAHAHA SIDE HURTS.........CANT STOP LAUGHING......

Quick Reply: Anyone else sick of these "my engine just blew" threads???