Lightning

Funny Chevy SS Post

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002 | 10:26 PM
Even I was disappointed with the SS. What a disgrace.

Old 01-10-2003 | 07:22 PM
Old 01-10-2003 | 07:44 PM
Well now, at least someone out there found the best performance pickup GM ever made! Typhoon / Syclone! The little brothers to the GN! Bad A$$!

Sorry, but Chevy has long since hidden those development engineers under a rock.

345 HP is a joke. If that is all it makes at the crank it will fall so short of an "L" it ain't funny.

How many GM trucks have I owned, paid for? 4!

I despised Fords until the "L". I was stuck with Taurus POS company cars. I own a Chevy Z28 and even an AWD Talon, both great cars in terms of performance, so I am not a died in blue Ford fan! But Ford nailed the design on the "L". They were bold enough to go where no one else would go.

Chevy is in the weeds and I personally will believe their SS performance when I see the bumper of one these at the track. I ain't holding my breath.

Old 01-10-2003 | 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 4D THNDR
BTW SubZero, in reference to the only high performance vehicle GM now makes with the highly reliable Vortec, did they ever resolve the high oil consumption issue in the Z06? Last thing I saw they were blaming the owners for the problem. Glad they're stepping up to the plate.
I work with a guy that has a 2001 Z06. He said Chevy has issued a recall on all 2001's to replace the piston rings.

Old 01-10-2003 | 08:05 PM
I am not a big Ford fan.....but i respect the L. I think Chevy will bring out the reg cab SS. If they dont they are stupid.

Old 01-10-2003 | 08:27 PM
Dustin: The guys that have 5.4 eng. problems are going to vent about their problems, and it's understandable why. The guys that have little or no(me, granted, so far) problems don't have to vent.

Mine has 41,950 miles on it with some of that spent on a 1/4 mile track. Most of those miles are from my daily driving to and from work. The only thing I change to race it is to put on the M/Ts, take off the tail gate, and pour in 16 ozs. of Torco(for my race-side chip). All the mods(see sig.) are on there all the time. Mine has yet to see a dealer/repair shop.

Get one, treat it right: (synthetic oil, good, 93 oct. gas, properly tuned chip, etc.), warm it up correctly(start it up first thing and drive it slowly for the first 4 or 5 miles--so everything warms up, not just the eng.), and you'll be smilin'!

Dan

Old 01-10-2003 | 09:38 PM
Its funny that this keeps popping back up, I guess the viper powered dodge will be next

Old 01-10-2003 | 10:05 PM
Because unless you want to get spanked by every Lightning and now Hemi equipped Ram, you'd better get some HP's.

BTW
Nice new Picture V

Old 01-11-2003 | 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Va 01 Lightning
I work with a guy that has a 2001 Z06. He said Chevy has issued a recall on all 2001's to replace the piston rings.
That's good to hear. Don't like anyone getting screwed over by big business, even if it is the competition. $50k+ is too much money to be brushed off.

Old 01-11-2003 | 10:09 AM
Re: Funny Chevy SS Post

Originally posted by f150intally
These guys even know what is up... Post from a website dedicated to new $40,000 Chevy SS Extended cab...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we finally all admit that this is not the truck we wanted. It's more of a less, less than an SS. Many here want to S/C it, upgrade exhaust, upgrade tranny, etc. Why? Because unless you want to get spanked by every Lightning and now Hemi equipped Ram, you'd better get some HP's. If you can't compete in HP than take the high ground. Nice monochrome paint, 20" rims, embroidered seats, nascar inspired exhaust, AWD. Sound familiar?

GM - Did we want AWD? No? Knock off $4,000. Did we want 20" rims? No? Knock off another $1,500. Did we want a leather interior? No? Knock off another $1,000. Now take the $6,500 we saved and put it into the engine and transmission. Get the HP up to 425 minimum and let's have some fun.

Very well said. This is the reason why I bought a Lightning. I have always been a chevy truck guy (still have my 99 Trailblazer and a 00 Tahoe) and I waited to see what the SS would be and then I ordered a Lightning as I was disappointed with the SS, to put it mildly. I give Ford lots of credit for having the ba!!s to build and warranty a truck like the Lightning

Quick Reply: Funny Chevy SS Post