Lightning

Whats The Best Alarm System For My Ol Lightning?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002 | 07:26 AM
|

Hello to everyone,

I thought I would make the Ol' Lightning a little more secure before I start purchasing Stuff to make it go faster.

What are your suggestions on ALARM SYSTEMS?

I'd be happiest if the little darlings didn't break in and steal it.

Greetings and Thanks,

Kevin

Old 11-13-2002 | 09:22 AM
Go with a DEI alarm (Clifford, Viper, Python, Sidewinder).

I would suggest adding some extras as well (hood lock, back-up battery, back-up siren, proximity sensor, tow/tilt sensor).

However, the most important aspect of any alarm system is the installation. Pay more money to have it done right. This means hiding the brain and wires. Most are placed under dash next to steering column. This is the first place a good thief will look. Then RIP, no more alarm.

Old 11-13-2002 | 09:51 AM
Honestly most decent alarms are about the same quality and provide similar protection.

It all depends on how SERIOUS you are about it. Some have cell phone interfaces so you can activate the start/ign disable from a phone, and also provide tracking.

With that said most GOOD theives are going to have your truck on a flat bed anyways, and will have everything they want off your truck before you have time to track it.

I very much like Viper/Python/Rattler alarms systems, the reasoning is simple, most installation shops have installed tons of these alarms and are very familer with the installation of them. This is rather important since the effectiveness of the alarm is completely relying on the quality of install.

Viper has a nifty new 2 way setup (remote talks to alarm and alarm to remote) kinda gimiky, but pretty nice.

Brandon

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:23 PM

How about a 9mm or a 357.

Old 11-13-2002 | 01:57 PM
|
Thanks for the input guys I was steering towards the Viper.

I liked your reply NY BLACK L... I need to find a sticker to put on the truck that says, "IF YOU CAN SEE THIS STICKER YOU ARE IN RANGE".

Old 11-13-2002 | 02:11 PM
The best alarm system for your truck, that would be something like this mounted in the bed:

with an advanced targeting system set to go of in the direction of any movement within X amount of feet.

please note that this will also take car of tailgaters.

Other then that, IMO there is no best alarm. Like Crazyone said, if someone really wants your car they would have it. If they are really good they will have what they want off your car by the time you have it located or you pager goes off.

Old 11-13-2002 | 02:51 PM
A garage.

Old 11-15-2002 | 12:07 AM
well,i have been installing security systems for about 15 years now,and the main thing is the install. i installed DEI products for 7 years,and now install audiovox products,and have had no problems with either.

Old 11-15-2002 | 01:43 AM
DL
Lightbulb

Maybe a DEI Hornet 700T, you can use your factory remotes.

about 120.00 retail...

Quick Reply: Whats The Best Alarm System For My Ol Lightning?