Lightning

question about getting truck dyno'd

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question question about getting truck dyno'd

I was wondering....what's involved in getting your truck dyno'd? I feel a little silly asking, but was just curious, and thought maybe if someone knew of a decent place in the Chicago area, maybe I'd have it done for the fun of it...ballpark cost? Thanks.

Old 11-14-2002, 03:05 PM
Nothing too it braboin. You fill out a paper listing your info and put down when you want them to stop the pull(rpm). They then strap your L on a machine hook up the tach led and enter your info in the cpu. Usually they put a tailpipe A/F probe in the exhaust. Then they start the L turn off the OD and bring it up to about 3100/3200 and nail it up to what rpm you told them to shut it off. Around Chicago the going rate is 60/90. Depends if you get in on a group dyno day event. Here is one place to go.. http://www.flpdyno.com

Last edited by JeffsLightning; 11-14-2002 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Smile

thanx for the info...well I don't have an L, although I wish I did I'll hopefully be putting on my dual elec. fan kit from Mike Troyer this thanksgiving or over Christmas, so this'll be something I might look into after that's in. would be interesting to do.

\m/

Quick Reply: question about getting truck dyno'd