Lightning

Steve the GREAT ONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:16 AM
Just another friendly reminder,not all Floridians think like that And a big WHATEVER to that guy.

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:21 AM
Boy
Spend a few hours moving web servers and chasing cookie problems and look what you miss... Holy Cow...

dscottl - Help me understand ... What the heck is your question ?

Let me guess you think that F150Online is all about the money..

We'll I work for free - so where does that leave me ? Steve did send me a check once $300 bucks, I think.. ( Thanks Steve ). Lets see 300/ 2years/ 300 days per year..

dscottl - You are right I am getting screwed thats like negative $0.02 an hour.....

Seriously just for a second. The demographics of the lightning forum is almost unmatchable. If you are selling performance or appearance products to F150 owners and you cant clear $5k a month from the exposure here you need your head examined.

Steve was amazed earlier today when I dug up an email from april of 2001.. Maybe for dscottl's benefit I should look through those 1000's of emails and see how many emails I have received from people that wanted to be Supporting Vendors but we turned them down for one reason or another, probably a hundred by now... That is likely a small fraction of the emails Steve gets ....

So dscottl when you pull your head out of your *** you'll release that if this site were really all about the money it would be set up different. We might have dedicated forums for the vendors - with vendors as moderators. We would not turn anyone away. And Steve would charge a membership fee. And he would fly me to Atlanta for monthly meetings and stuff... Yeah thats the ticket and he would sponsor my Truck and pay all my tire costs ... Wait sorry thats my fantasy - We were talking about dscottl's fanatasy.... LOL

I'm tired and going to bed...

Doug

PS - Steve - Next year at the Commerce FFW you are buying me the Top Shelf Tequila none of this Cuervo crap. dscottl tells me you can afford it...

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:24 AM
Originally posted by LOCOSVT
Well, I think you got more than you've paid for already...so don't leave mad-- just leave.
Locosvt
Quote of the day my friend - Send me an email Ill mail you a Decal in return for the belly laugh I just got... THANKS !!!

You don't mind if I reuse the quote later do you ???

Priceless...

Doug

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:38 AM
dscottl...

geez they have everything in mental institutions nowadays, even internet access! who'd have thought? dscottl, the nice men in the white coats are your friends...they're here to help you
also, there is a ****ion on the word processing program on your computer called "spell check". USE IT. no one has a clue what in God's name you're trying to say. and as for the parts of your posts that exhibit spelling and grammar usage above the 3rd grade level, all I have to say is

get the hell out of our forum assh0le.

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:50 AM
Banned
dscottl

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:55 AM

Old 11-22-2002 | 01:06 AM
dscottl,

I think everybody is being way too hard on you. I say that we should all contribute to help dscottl pay for this:

Illiteracy is nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 11-22-2002 | 02:26 AM
Ok, time for the newb to chime in.

I had lurked these boards when I had my good ol' 98 F150. I joined and recently started posting more frequently when I picked up my 02 L (Red is fastest BTW).

HERES THE KICKER:

As a student studying economics in University, let me explain.

Basic economic theory states that behind any action in a free market system is the need for self-fulfilment. When everyone acts in their own interests, eventually there settles a self-imposing order called a market. Everyone is happy, because buyers and sellers converge at an equilibrium. In this site, there really is no commerce/trade happening in terms of posting itself. However, there is a service being offered. In order to use this service, there must be some collateral, whether it be viewing the banners, seeing the popups, etc.. You have the choice whether or not to physically type 'f150online.com' in your address bar. This is not a command economy. No one is forcing f150online down your throat.

Money makes the world go round and the girls go down.

Have you ever seen a site that requires so much time and energy inputted that is free, but still maintains quality atmosphere, prestige, and appearance? I certainly haven't.

The argument thus comes full circle. In order for this board to continue its top notch service, there must be some incentive for the owners/operators. Commerce is this incentive.

The Western world would not be what it is without transaction.

I hope the moderators/owners get their share of the pie. This is their commercial venture, and everyone is entitled to the peice of the capitalist pie.

I thus congratulate the owners/moderators on a job well done. Everyone F150 or L enthusiast I come across, I make it a point to spell out this address to them: f150online.com. I tell them how great and useful this site has always been.

If any of the grammar is imprecise, please forgive me. I just finished writing a 9 page essay on dark matter in the universe.

Now let there be peace! Let us concentrate on building a Lightning community dedicated to seeing Lightnings at the top of the food chain!

Sincerely,
Modesto R.

PS. Moderators: Is there any way to change my username to moerom? I was registered as moerom before, but for some reason it never worked (old computer). As you can see in my sig, on the countless other msg boards I am a member of, I use the name 'moerom'.

Last edited by TorontoF150; 11-22-2002 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2002 | 02:34 AM
I read this post... and do you know what it reads like? Almost like a parody of all the other freaking whiners b!+ching about how the moderators do this, and the webmaster does that and how it's sooo freaking unfair that we are forced to come here and post on someone else's web space for free.
Those posts, in my opinion, should be deleted on site. I come to get info on my truck, maybe laugh a little, not to read about how bad of a guy Doug and Steve are. It makes me go through that little effort of skipping the post to get on to something worth reading.
I think dscottl has done a service... look at all the posts supporting the moderator and webmaster... What he's done is shown everyone how freaking STUPID it is to visit a website everyday to post about how much you hate the people who run it.

Old 11-22-2002 | 02:51 AM
Steve, Doug, I think you guys should create a new section called
"DUMB S**T, A.K.A. HOW TO RUIN ONE'S REPUTATION", and move all these posts started by morons there.

Like the Romans would leave executed bodies hanging, you guys should leave these threads as a spectacle and a testament to the ignorance of those who attack the leaders

Just a suggestion... hehehe

Old 11-22-2002 | 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Guapo
I read this post... and do you know what it reads like? Almost like a parody of all the other freaking whiners b!+ching about how the moderators do this, and the webmaster does that and how it's sooo freaking unfair that we are forced to come here and post on someone else's web space for free.
Those posts, in my opinion, should be deleted on site. I come to get info on my truck, maybe laugh a little, not to read about how bad of a guy Doug and Steve are. It makes me go through that little effort of skipping the post to get on to something worth reading.
I think dscottl has done a service... look at all the posts supporting the moderator and webmaster... What he's done is shown everyone how freaking STUPID it is to visit a website everyday to post about how much you hate the people who run it.
i really dont think anyone here has said anything about supporting steve and doug. the majority of the posts from members, say "we dont give a good god damn if they do make money." everyone is just telling the pickle smoker to take a hike. noone even cares to hear it. i think the reason so many people chimed in, is we all spend a lot of time together on here. its the same thing when a newbie acts like a smart ***, we all jump on the band-wagon. there just werent any new "what is the best chip" posts, so we decided to pick on this douche-bag.

hey, i finally contributed my $.02. damn moderators, i better get something in return ...chris

Old 11-22-2002 | 02:56 AM
<warms up voice and starts to sing>
"Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends"

Old 11-22-2002 | 03:18 AM

shameless...

Old 11-22-2002 | 04:00 AM
LOL!

Old 11-22-2002 | 04:13 AM
Lol
I admit that was funny....

Quick Reply: Steve the GREAT ONE