Lightning

Radar warning, Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002 | 05:59 PM
Originally posted by slapshot
The same goes for warnings, the car doesn't factor in at all.
Not even an old man in a Lightning?

Old 11-25-2002 | 06:35 PM
I bet I am the only one who has been pulled over by air, land and sea.

I got a ticket when a state police officer clocked me between two marks on the highway, using a stop watch. About a half a mile down the road there was a bunch of cops pulling people over.

I got pulled over in my boat for going to fast in a 10mph zone, the patrol boat just told me to slow down.

And like most of you I have been pulled over in a car or truck, by a patrol officer.

Old 11-25-2002 | 06:56 PM
Here's my story Don

Many years ago when I lived in Fla.
Out riding my Harley on a weekday night, just starting having too much fun. Next thing I know, it's 1:30 in the morning and I have to be at work at 7. Iam way out on N. Dale Mabry, when it was nothing but country. Iam flying home, when I come up behind a car. I start slowing down to the speed limit and I see its a cop car. As I get closer, I see its a Florida Marine Patrol car. I drop it a couple gears and fly around him. He throws on the lights and comes after me. Pulls me over and calls a Florida State Trooper. He takes the ticket book from the trooper and writes me for reckless driving. As he hands me the ticket, he says, " I have jurisdiction over land, air and sea." Pleaded guilty to careless

Old 11-26-2002 | 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Here's my story Don

Many years ago when I lived in Fla.
Out riding my Harley on a weekday night, just starting having too much fun. Next thing I know, it's 1:30 in the morning and I have to be at work at 7. Iam way out on N. Dale Mabry, when it was nothing but country. Iam flying home, when I come up behind a car. I start slowing down to the speed limit and I see its a cop car. As I get closer, I see its a Florida Marine Patrol car. I drop it a couple gears and fly around him. He throws on the lights and comes after me. Pulls me over and calls a Florida State Trooper. He takes the ticket book from the trooper and writes me for reckless driving. As he hands me the ticket, he says, " I have jurisdiction over land, air and sea." Pleaded guilty to careless
He is 100% right on there. They are state officers and have total enforcement powers. Now they are combined into the FWC.

Old 11-26-2002 | 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Not even an old man in a Lightning?
Ummmm,,,,,no comment.

Old 11-26-2002 | 12:52 PM
In this end of the state I've seen unmarked E-250's, Chevy Luminas, Camaros, and Expys. I've heard they even have a Chevy Astrovan. I haven't been pulled over lately (knock on wood) but I realize it's not enough to see the Crown Vic snaking it's way up twards me. I'll slow down for most vehicles with the dark tinted windows. I guess it's working on me.

So, do you guys in the "east" drive faster than us country bumpkins here in the "west"? Or do you all get caught more often?

Several years ago I got pulled over by a Buick Grand National in Middletown CT. It surprized me, to say the least!

Old 11-26-2002 | 02:45 PM
In Colorado we have officers riding old pack mules.

OK OK I just wanted a free post.

Old 11-26-2002 | 06:17 PM
Originally posted by slapshot
He is 100% right on there. They are state officers and have total enforcement powers. Now they are combined into the FWC.
Believe me, I know now! But that happened 20 yrs ago

Quick Reply: Radar warning, Boston area