Lightning

Radar warning, Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002 | 11:25 AM
|
Radar warning, Boston area

Fellas, here's a heads up. There's a black crown vic with non state plates going around. Radar mounted on the dash. Older guy driving(in uniform), with either an old lady or guy dressed like old lady in the passenger seat!!! Yes, that's what I said. Kicker is my radar detector wouldn't even touch it. From the back, side, even pulled in front...nothing. No x band, no k band , nothing. I was behind it watching the readings so i know it was working. This was on rt 1 south in saugus. Also seen it on 128 in danvers so it must be state. Heads up, you'd never know, doesn't even have the antennas all over it.

Also, there's a black mustang going around on 95 with a nice looking woman driving it.........she also has a uniform on.

Old 11-22-2002 | 12:08 PM
i'll make sure to keep on a look out

hmm i'd speed past that hot cop in the stang anytime...6 cyl or gt? (or 03 cobra??? )

Old 11-22-2002 | 01:12 PM
You really have to pay attention nowadays. Departments are investing hundreds of thousands of dollars to nab the most reviled of criminals - the speeder. Here in VA, they've adopted 'slick tops' (no lights on the roof) so speeders won't see them sneaking up behind them as easily.

This isn't new, but it's gotten so that just installing a radar detector - even a V1 - isn't enough. You need to have a blocker, keep the truck clean, and drive in a manner so as to draw minimal attention. During the day they have the additional ability to run LiDAR & VASCAR, and no matter what the conditions, they can almost always pace you.

BTW, I had a friend working in a local PD a few years back. Once in a while he would have to go pick up the chief's dry cleaning (no kidding) and he'd get to use the 'special' cruisers. Even though he wasn't radar certified, he'd leave the dash mounted gun on just to screw with us...

Old 11-22-2002 | 01:55 PM
They also have a few pontiac Grand Prix GTP's rolling around Massachusetts.

Old 11-22-2002 | 01:57 PM
Here in Arkansas the State Police has a few "stealth" vehicles. No light bars, no excessive antennas, and unmarked save for the crest on the passenger door. Supposedly the only time they will pull you over in one of those is after they have pulled up beside you in order to let you see the insignia. I have also seen at least one totally unmarked vehicle that had a clothes rod across the back seat with clothes hanging on it pulling people over.

Sneaky @#$%@!

Oh yeah: They do have a couple of F-Bodies for pursuit vehicles also.

Old 11-22-2002 | 02:09 PM
Here in kentucky we got one thast pretty wicked. Vortech supercharged mustang, no light bar, radar, regular plates, burgandy in color. Its a state patrol car though but ive seen it more and more here in lexington. I almost zoomed past it a few months ago till i saw the lights through the tinted back window. Really a sharp car , even has chrome rims. Guessing it was a seized car from drug deal or something. Still pretty wicked.

Brandon

Old 11-22-2002 | 04:07 PM
attn MA drivers

yeah Don, you are correct...I have heard that there is a *dark green Pontiac Grand Prix GTP*, yes the supercharged one, two door, with really dark tinted windows. one of my friends saw this car sucker a ricer into a race on the highway, BEAT HIM, AND THEN PULL HIM OVER!!! the cops are sneaky bastards, that's coersion (sp?) IMO. watch out L brothers, MA is bad, so is CT. speed safely

Old 11-22-2002 | 04:10 PM
The unmark state Crown Vics here in Jersey, look like UFO's when they pull you over with all the strobe lights on them. Behind the grille, behind the rearview mirror, on the front side of the outside mirrors. Looks pretty wild in your rearview at 118mph

Don't ask how I know

Old 11-22-2002 | 04:56 PM
My friend is a Mass state trooper and he has 2 cars. His marked cruiser and he also has an unmarked Crown Vic. It is all black with limo tinted windows and chrome rims. Doesn't look like a cop car. Last summer he was on 128 and a bone head pulled beside him in a Supra and motioned he wanted to race cause the Crown Vic looks like someone was modifying it well the Supra took off and so did my friend and even though my friend lost the Supra owner was arrested for wreckless driving and the car impounded. My friend thought it was the funniest thing I think it sux.

In MA also I see tons of normal cars at details on 93 and 95 and these cars have flashing lights. Makes you wonder...

Old 11-22-2002 | 05:02 PM
I have seen this fall in Mass along Rt 2 and on 495, white Dakota pickup, with lo jack ant set on it and lights. Was working a road detail.

I got flashed (warning to slow down) by a dull green Olds, right after that a couple ran by him on the right and he hit the lights and nailed them.

They also have Taurus's too, had one on my tail just waiting for me to get on it, however in the early morning light, I could see the lights in the grill.

Plus the assorted non descrip Crown Vics..

Have Fun...

Old 11-22-2002 | 06:39 PM
Re: Radar warning, Boston area

Originally posted by tallimeca
Fellas, here's a heads up. There's a black crown vic with non state plates going around. Radar mounted on the dash. Older guy driving(in uniform), with either an old lady or guy dressed like old lady in the passenger seat!!! Yes, that's what I said. Kicker is my radar detector wouldn't even touch it. From the back, side, even pulled in front...nothing. No x band, no k band , nothing. I was behind it watching the readings so i know it was working.
You need a new radar detector

Old 11-22-2002 | 07:01 PM
I've never owned a radar detector in my life. do they really help that much??? around by me they just wait for you to come and then pull the trigger so your kinda screwed then right? besides don't you have to spend like 500 bucks to get a decent one?

Old 11-22-2002 | 09:23 PM
well here's the lowest...

here in Texas,the DPS has F-150's out there(also crowns,camaro's and 'tangs)..you see this F high balling up behind you and your thinking some one wants to race..but oh no,he wants your mod money

Old 11-23-2002 | 12:30 AM
Angry

The one true deterent for speeders is a high profile, i.e; cops everywhere. It's funny that law enforcement instead stoops to the level of the criminal using stealth methods to lift your wallet. An honest prosecutor would use the racketeering laws on these two bit taxmen if he had any scrotal fortitude. Todays motoring laws are being used to makeup other tax shortfalls. You can't cry safety when it has been proven that slow drivers cause more accidents than speeders. Montana's death toll steadily dropped until the embarassed Feds forced them to implement a speed limit. Now, of course, the death toll is on the rise again. Well, at least the Montana police actually have something they can do now.

Old 11-23-2002 | 02:27 AM
I remember the days living in NJ - I would drive the Parkway on a daily basis and know EVERY cop hang-out from Exit 74 to 150

Now in St. Louis - gotta keep a keen eye out.

Quick Reply: Radar warning, Boston area