Lightning

Where have all the honest people gone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***** happens, and it sucks...ive had crap similar to that happen to me...in fact when it did happen to me, i wasnt even in the car!
oh well itll all work out in the end, or else it would be time to whip out the baseball bat and go break some knees!! (or atleast thats how us texans are...)

Old 11-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Where have all the honest people gone??
Dude, I'm right here!!!!

Sorry to hear about the misfortune!!!

Old 11-26-2002, 06:51 PM
Heck Sal, as a small business owner I'm sure you know firsthand the consequences of taking people at their word.

How many times have you extended yourself to people, and have them either default on promises to pay, or simply lied about problems they were having with parts, etc. etc. etc.

Truly honest people are in short supply.

Old 11-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Sorry Sal .. Just dont loose faith in everyone. There are still a few good ones left.............

PEACE..................

Old 11-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cpeapea
or else it would be time to whip out the baseball bat and go break some knees!!
not like this i hope

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/S9142/

Old 11-26-2002, 08:06 PM
Integrity seems to be a thing of the past for too many people. What happened to the days when a man's word was as good or better than any lawyer writen contract. I must be an old timer that is still trying to hang on to that part of the "good ole days".

Sal,
Best of luck.

Gator,
Ditto!

Old 11-26-2002, 08:19 PM
i agree on the insurance/bluff deal !! i had a simular situation..it was raining and a car cut right in fron of me when they were waiting in a center turning lane... i slammed on the brakes and slid ...i just clipped they're rear end after they got into the store entrance...they're insurance company said i had enough time to stop..i said they got the ticket not me and that was the end of that!

Old 11-26-2002, 08:49 PM
I drive a lot of miles a year. Some nit-wit tagged the back of my Explorer on I-287 near the Tappan Zee bridge a few weeks ago. No damage to me, a scrape to his.

Well long story short he ends up claiming it is my fault and wants his car fixed. I spoke with my insurance co. and they said that as long as my car was moving I am partially at fault no matter what the circumstances.

Old 11-26-2002, 08:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i feel for ya brother

Old 11-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Sal, there are good people out there, but seems most of them are ******! I bought a shirt at the last gun show here and what it says is soooooooooo true.............
"Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them".

Hope things go better for ya buddy!

Rodney

Old 11-26-2002, 09:08 PM
Re: Where have all the honest people gone??

Originally posted by LightningTuner
I don't get it anymore. Seems the whole world is full of crooks and scammers. Today is no different.

Freaking amazing.
There all over on another thread teaching some 17 year old how to rip off Ford

Rocks

Old 11-26-2002, 09:37 PM
That sucks Sal
I hope everything works out for you.

I don't know why but this reminded me of my 1997 SHO. I had just gooten a $3000 stereo installed, and then I got rear ended by a van carying handicaped kids while stopped in traffic. Not only was the car totalled, but 2 brand new 10" ADS subs that were mounted under the shelf behind the rear seat got distroyed.

I don't know how but the 6 channel ADS amp that was in the trunk survived.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Sal, all insurance companies have to abide by the rules set by your state legislature and enforced by your state's Insurance Commissioner. Your state should have laws protecting you form "Unfair Claims Settlement Practices". A few that may be revelent to your situation are:

1. refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation.

2. not attempting in good faith to promptly settle claims when liability has become reasonably clear.

3. knowingly misrepresenting pertinent facts to claimants.

Ask the other companies adjuster about these prohibited acts and see what he says.

Old 11-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Re: Re: Where have all the honest people gone??

Originally posted by Rocks
There all over on another thread teaching some 17 year old how to rip off Ford

Rocks
Amen brother......I, for one am tired of reading post after post where members who should know better are trying to convince others that it's okay to lie, misrepresent and/or otherwise put it over on Ford, their tuner, etc.

Kinda sad...................

Old 11-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Thumbs down

I got a story about when my investment property caught on fire. I just bought the house back in Jan of 02. Installed 3 new smoke alarms and a CO2 detector in each floor. Well back in June some stupid pile of crap torched it. I get a letter the other day from the neighbors insuarnce company saying they want thousands of dollars for damages to his house. They say I am negligent(spelling) for having no smoke alarms. I tell them there were 3!!!!!! They say no the fire report says there were not. So I asked the guy in charge of rebuilding the house and he says he wrote everything down that got thrown out and he remembers atleast 2 fire alarms. I would love to beat the crap out of that fire marshall. I dunno either way though..............

Liars and theives!!!! They all should die!!!! Oh and I am not to fond of people that don't use their blinkers or run red lights! Hope you get your money Sal. -Mat-

Quick Reply: Where have all the honest people gone??