Lightning

Where have all the honest people gone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sal,

We live in a time where the Insurance Companys have become the liars and thieves. With no fault your car can be parked and get hit and you'll pay for it with increased rates. Some years back I was dropped from an Insurance Company for being stopped at a light 2 cars back. Some 16 yr old girl comes across the intersection and runs "head on" into the car 2 ahead of me at the light. He flys backwards into the car behind him, and that guy goes backwards into me. A few weeks later I get a cancellation notice form the Insurance company saying they are dropping me due to me having a third accident this year. I remind them that in
"ALL 3 CASES" I was stopped at red lights and got hit without ever moving, and in ALL 3 CASES "WE WERE PAID BY THE OTHER INSURANCE COMPANY" for the Damage. They say sorry but an accident is an accident and we have to drop you for having 3 in one year. Then for like the next god knows how many years I had to go into an assigned risk policy and pay through the nose because I was stopped dead minding my own business at a light and got hit "3 TIMES" Dam my luck was bad that year. I lost a 1970 Big Block Chevelle S/S, an RX TURBO, and a Dodge Van.
One made a left turn straight into to side of my car at a light, one ran a red light and broad sided me, and the other I just told you about.

BTW
Ever since then I don't stop for red lights

Old 11-27-2002, 08:00 AM
NY+taxi+insurance=STRESS

Old 11-27-2002, 08:07 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Sal, if you take a beating on this all I can suggest is you start eating at that McDonalds seven times a day in hopes of at least breaking even.

Old 11-27-2002, 10:30 AM
I know how you feel Sal.

My winter 4x4 pick-up was smashed parked in a driveway by a 19 year old punk in an S-10 after racing around in our quiet subdivision. He lost control on the wet road and caved in the whole front end. My truck was pushed back 5 feet. Then he attempted to leave, until I stopped him.

He told the police he wasn't going fast and his gas pedal stuck.

To top it off his passenger asked if the Lightning in my driveway was mine, then precedes to tell me that he just bought a 2000 silver L with 7500 miles. Just what I need another 19 year old kid racing around town with a silver L that looks like my 2002 pissing off all the cops in town.

Now it's snowing and the're sanding and salting the roads

Sorry for the vent.

Old 11-27-2002, 10:50 AM
I know how you feel. I purchased a 2400 stall Art Carr torque converter a few months ago. It stalls at 3800 and the tuner, LFP, won't give me my money back! I'm not even asking for the labor to R&R the thing...yet. I guess that is what lawyers are for.

Quick Reply: Where have all the honest people gone??