Lightning

Where have all the honest people gone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Where have all the honest people gone??

I don't get it anymore. Seems the whole world is full of crooks and scammers. Today is no different.

Coming back from the NMRA world finals in KY, I'm driving home on the Long Island Expressway in my one week old new PSD van towing the 01. I am in the 3rd lane to the left of a 4 lane part of the road. A NYC taxi in front of me, decides to try to make an off ramp that we are already passing. He makes a 90 degree turn to the right trying to get across three lanes of traffic do 60 or so. The car in the lane next to me hits him on the side, which stops his car dead, and the rear corner of his car is sticking in my lane. With over 10k lbs of mass doing 55mph, no way I can stop in time, so I clip the corner of his car sticking into my lane. Fast forward to today, I get a letter in the mail saying they see no fault on their drivers part and will not pay. I call up and the guy tells me the taxi driver said I rear ended him and pushed him into oncoming traffic. I said what did you expect him to say, that he's a ahole and can't drive? It's just his word against mine, so they chose his. Oh, and if I rearended him, how come there is no damage on the front of my truck, just on the outside corner of the fender and bumper?? Now they are willing to pay half. This is NOT over.

Then I have a section of fence replaced today. As the workers were carting off the old stuff, one of them swipes my Cobra under it's cover, with a piece of fence. No damage to the car, but the cover had a nice big rip in it. I call and bitch and they give me a hard time about it. Then they call back and say they talked to their worker and he said he didn't do it. DUH! Did you think he was going to say "yeah I ripped the cover then I didn't say anything and just left"? They said they will pay to have it sewn.

Freaking amazing.

Old 11-26-2002, 04:34 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lawyer Time

Old 11-26-2002, 04:38 PM
wow sal, sorry to hear about your problems, dishonest people suck a$$!

Old 11-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Well that sucks! Sorry to hear 'bout that.

Driving ,,, sucks. Period. I do about 100K a year and it just seems to keep getting worse. Nobody give a F___ about anyone else. People just keep making their thoughtless, ignorant manuevers and when something bad happens - blame it on the other guy. So when the next peckerhead cuts me off and instantly decides to slam his brakes on, I'll just take comfort in knowing that I'm the one sitting on 36+ TONS!

Hope ya get it straightened out!

Old 11-26-2002, 04:43 PM
Darn - I hate when crap like that happens

At least you had the cover on or you would have a big scratch down the side of your truck. I always worry about workers and maintainance men messing up my truck. Whenever I park on grass...it just happens to be trimmed with those weed whackers and they spray grass all over my truck Good luck on your problem!

Old 11-26-2002, 04:50 PM
The insurance co. is just trying to bluff you. If you rearend another driver 9 times out of 10 it will be your fault. If the other insurance co. thought that you rearended theier insured then they would have told their insured to contact your insurance co. to fix the damages.

I would get the police report to support your account of the accident. Who is fixing the other car that hit him first? I bet it is the Taxi's insurance. Get your insurance agent to call the claims adjuster for the other insurance and he should be able to work it out.

You should also point out the location of the damages on your vehicle and the location and extent of the damages to the taxi to show that a rearend collision was impossible, and that the damages show that there was not enough force to cause the taxi to swerve into another lane.

They are just trying to frustrate you and get you to file a claim on your policy.

Old 11-26-2002, 04:51 PM
i got one for ya too, i got some roofers over at the house putting in some vents on the roof, and i ask them "do you need me to move any of the cars?" (i have the lightning, and moms jag under the carport, w/ the cobra in the garage) and they say no, it'll be ok. well after they are done, i go into the garage to get something, and i see all this saw dust on the top of the cobra, and i walk over to it and there is 2 probably 1 ft by 1ft pieces of wood (with sharp edges) sitting on top of the cobra. and i look up and there is a hole in the roof where they are about to put in the vent. and im thinking them sons of ....... so i wipe off the car and inspect it, nothing happened thank god, i guess not enough impact to cause a dent or anything. when they come back i tell the head guy, "hey one of your boys dropped wood on my car" and he says oh im sorry, i'll tell them to have you move the cars next time.... what an idiot, you would think that you are drilling big holes in a roof where pieces of wood will be falling about 15+ feet down, wouldnt you at least ask if anything valuable was in the garage????

Old 11-26-2002, 04:52 PM
Sal

Send your insurance company after them. They should be your advocate in this case...

Good luck

Doug

Old 11-26-2002, 04:53 PM
That's gotta suck, Sal. See if you can get the Taxis insurance company to put it writing to you and same with the fence company. Once you have that, you basically have an addmission of guilt and can go after them. I wouldn't settle for a sewn cover, it wasn't that way when they started.

Isn't the car the taxi hit first a witness as to what happened? See if you can contact them and get their statement. Good luck and hopefully everything works out.

Old 11-26-2002, 05:52 PM
9 milimeter!

sorry sal, hope you get it fixed man.

Old 11-26-2002, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real men carry 10 mm

That sucs

Old 11-26-2002, 06:04 PM
The only thing worse then an NY taxicab's driving is trying to get them to fess up to accidents.

What does the police report say?

Old 11-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Sal, you know it's always the other guys fault.

Silver_2000_! is right. They should defend you to the end with little to no intervention from you.

Old 11-26-2002, 06:21 PM
No, real men carry this:

Old 11-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Has anyone seen the old Michael Douglas movie, Falling Down? Where the main character, whilst driving home one day, just gives up on society, and acts out on his basic savage instincts.

The world needs to just kill off all the shiiters!

Good luck Sal!
joe

Quick Reply: Where have all the honest people gone??