Lightning

NJ L owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002 | 02:24 AM
VINNIE

as i have stated i havent been back since i bought it except for once but from what you say i might not go back. Downs and Oasis are near me and i would like to know what you suggest? Thanks for the info. Not tryin to start an argument. Just wonderin what you would suggest being that you are from NJ and have a lightning longer than me and are older and wiser. Thanks.

Vinny
02 Red L

Old 11-28-2002 | 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
... Downs and Oasis are near me and i would like to know what you suggest? ...
Oasis sales sucks, but I haven't heard any thing horrible about the tech department.

Downs - just avoid. My friend Ted brought his 99' Saleen there to get the intercooler pump fixed, the tech grounded the ground wire to a piece of plastic and said it was fixed.

Old 11-28-2002 | 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
VINNIE

as i have stated i havent been back since i bought it except for once but from what you say i might not go back. Downs and Oasis are near me and i would like to know what you suggest? Thanks for the info. Not tryin to start an argument. Just wonderin what you would suggest being that you are from NJ and have a lightning longer than me and are older and wiser. Thanks.

Vinny
02 Red L
Vin,
That was just my experience.I was very shocked because when I dealt with GM dealerships(ex-Cheby lover here) I did not have these problems.So ,I was a little pissed.
Fast Gator seems to have found a good service dealer.I cannot remember which though.
I am so modded now though that I get nervous just driving by dealer.HEHEHE

VINNIE

Old 11-28-2002 | 09:59 AM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
If you are looking for used Cartec on rt18 always has one parked outside.
It's a 2001. Cartec is where I bought mine in June. Go talk to Dennis. He's a nice enough guy to deal with. They can get you pretty decent financing through a bank up in upstate NY if you can't pay cash for the whole amount.

Good luck.

Dan

Old 11-28-2002 | 10:03 AM
Yeah i understand thanks for the advice. Hopefully fast gator will chime in with that dealership. i would be interested. I havent had any need to go to the dealership yet but when i do i hope it goes smoothly.

Vinny
02 Red L

Old 11-28-2002 | 11:12 AM
I bought mine from Oasis and pretty much stole the truck from them. I had friendly service fom the sec I walked in to walking out. The truck was even in the showroom and they pulled it out for me to test drive. It also helps when you know the GM of the placet oo lol.

Old 11-28-2002 | 11:23 AM
It's All-American Ford in Hackensack. I deal with a service writer named George. I don't know how they treat "other" customers, but they bend over backwards for me.
A word is never said about things on my truck. They have warrantied three sets of cracked foglamps and just recently warrantied the tonneau cover for the curling.
But I must say, that I have bought two Lightnings from them and told them upfront that I will be buying an 05 Lightning.
I am also in the process of dealing on a 03 Cobra (X-plan)with trading in my Lightning. The numbers just don't make sense right now. If I get the Cobra, I'll trade it for the Lightning in 05

Old 11-28-2002 | 11:31 AM
|
yeah thanx for the help, ill probable be getting the L around june maybe july for my birthday, i just wanted the dealer to be a little closer to me than hackensack so if i do have to bring it in its not out of the way, i might even be able to pay for the truck by cash in full so no paymentsbut im deciding if i should get a brand new L 03 or used for cheaper

Old 11-28-2002 | 11:45 AM
I know what you mean about the distance. It was close when I lived in Rutherford, but now that Iam in Linden, well you know the traffic

Quick Reply: NJ L owners