Lightning

NJ L owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002 | 09:55 PM
|
NJ L owners

ive beem looking int a lightning for quite some time now but havent had the money but we recently inherited a house and should get about 200,000 from it after paying it off, and i think my dad is gonna be giving me some to help me out on it, and he wants to buy a new thunderbird too, well one question, where are some places in NJ, im in northern NJ, that sell LIghtnings? i know of oasis, but are there alot of other places? any help will be appreciated

thanx, Leon

Old 11-26-2002 | 10:02 PM
wayne ford is the best svt dealer from what i heard, i own a HD but my neighbor has a 01 says they know what they are doing

Old 11-26-2002 | 10:05 PM
Buying an L

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a L fro Oasis....They are a total RIPOFF!!!!!I just brought mine 2 months ago, it was a 2001 with only 8975 miles on it. I found it on Ebay, from a dealer in FLA. Paid 26k for it. Oasis would have wanted 30 to 31k for the same truck...If you have the resources, look over the net and buy it out of state...Every dealer in NJ thinks they have gold with an L, and will try to rob you if you are not careful..A good place to start is in the classifieds right on this site in the Trucks For Sale section... Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for....

Old 11-26-2002 | 10:12 PM
|
thanx , ill try to stay away from Oasis, and check out wayne, im looking for the sort of deal you got 26K around for a low mileage L, preferably silver, red or black, but i dont wanna deal with another black car, and i could get a repaint at a cheap price here since i know a guy who does it

Old 11-26-2002 | 11:23 PM
I got mine from Dayton Ford on rt130 in Dayton. They weren't bad.

If you are looking for used Cartec on rt18 always has one parked outside.

Old 11-27-2002 | 12:39 AM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
And, from what I hear, dealerships can't get rid of the T-Birds fast enough right now. I took my Lightning over for the foglights, and asked about the one in the show room... They offered me X-Plan on it, right off the bat.

Personally, though, I'd wait until spring for the T-Bird - when the 2003 hits, it'll have about 30 more ponies.

Old 11-27-2002 | 05:36 AM
I've bought both my Lightning from All American Ford in Hackensack. While they ask for "market adjustment" on Lightning/T-Birds/Cobras, I never paid that much, and if your buying two cars, they will be kissing your..........ugh, just wear clean underwear
Service dept has allways treated me like I was the only customer they got

***Disclaimer***
Treatment of customers varies with attitude

Old 11-27-2002 | 09:14 AM
u can buy my 01 with 19k for 27k

Old 11-27-2002 | 09:16 AM
My friend got there Lightning from All American and they were very happy with the deal they got. I purchased my Harley F150 from Jack Trebour Ford in Randolph which is the ONLY SVT dealer in Morris County. I have purchased over 5 vehicles from them and have always been happy with the deals I got and there service is fantastic.

Old 11-27-2002 | 09:21 AM
|
ill check some of those out and keep u guys updated, plus i saw in the star leger today in the trucks for sale a 2001 L with 25k miles for 25,500$ anyone have any info on this or is it anyones from here?

Last edited by cactusleon; 11-27-2002 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2002 | 11:20 AM
MR is totally right about Oasis. I work right around the corner from Wayne Ford. They have 4 L's over there right now marked down. I believe 2 blue , 2 black or something. I haven't dealt with them on a sales basis so I don't know how they are. All of the new Cobras they have there are marked up 8K "Market Adjust" or some BS. I can't believe people are paying 8-10K over sticker.

Old 11-28-2002 | 12:30 AM
I just got mine recently but so far fullerton ford had been nothing but good. I am not sure about mods but for help they are good. I have had a positive experience expect they gave me the wrong manual adn they ordered it 3 months ago and havent got it yet other than that they have been good

Vinny
02 Red L

Old 11-28-2002 | 12:46 AM
Originally posted by trashguy
u can buy my 01 with 19k for 27k
Wanna trade for my '02?

Old 11-28-2002 | 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Vinny
I just got mine recently but so far fullerton ford had been nothing but good. I am not sure about mods but for help they are good. I have had a positive experience expect they gave me the wrong manual adn they ordered it 3 months ago and havent got it yet other than that they have been good

Vinny
02 Red L
I guess they saved all the good service for you because when I went there to get my clunked fixed they kept it in the rain(I gave it to them SPOTLESS).Let 3 (yes 3) techs drive it for a total of 6 miles(I only put 5 miles TOTAL on the rental) for the CLUNK.You do not need to drive it 2 feet much less 6 miles to check on the clunk.
They changed the radio station.Which was turned off(purposely),(I guess they were testing out my AFTERMARKET radio) on the "supposed" test drives.Then did not wash the truck(filthy from the rain) and the best part was all they did was TIGHTEN the bolt.NO star washer or anything.
Needless to say I bought Herbs washers,put them in myself and have not been back.

VINNIE

BTW- You should have seen the look on there faces when I came back in to complain.I let them go on about how they needed to drive the truck to make sure everything was all right and how more then one guy drives it to make SURE everything is allright(boy,they care ALOT about my truck) and then I hit them with "If you cared SO much about checking my truck for noises then why was my radio turned on and the station changed?"
SILENCE for 5 seconds.Then a bunch of "AHHHH, I don't knows"

Old 11-28-2002 | 01:03 AM
That's sad, Vinnie... A guy I used to work with had a Windstar with a TV/DVD in there... Whenever he took it for service (3 different dealers!!!), there would be coffee cups in the back, and the smell of cigarettes in the van...

Quick Reply: NJ L owners