Lightning

Hocthkis Rear Leafs with Roush Front?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002 | 10:40 PM
|
Hocthkis Rear Leafs with Roush Front?

Anyone running this. I have been researching a drop kit and notice the Hotchkis leafs allow pretty much stock hauling capacity. Anyone chime in here and give me some data or info from experience. I plan on leaving the 2" dropp shackels on with which ever rears I install. I can always move up a hole. How about the sway bars..I plan to shorten up the stock end links ..will this work well for or should I expect to need aftermarket sway bars.
thanks...Jeff

Old 11-26-2002 | 11:16 PM
Personally I wouldn't suggest it.

Both Hotchkis and Roush are made more for performance then looks. The springs are made to work with eachother and I wouldn't try and mix-n-match them.

Another note, the Hotchkis can't tow that much either

Old 11-27-2002 | 09:50 AM
I had full hotchkis and now have the full Roush, The front springs are different. I would also not suggest this set up.

Old 11-27-2002 | 10:56 AM
I think RobG was running Hotchkis leafs and different front springs.

From my experience.......

* Hotchkis Leafs with a 2" Belltech shackle. If you think you are going to move it up a hole and use the middle hole. It won't work. The shackles have a tapper and won't fit around the leaf. You need to purchase 1" shackles.
* You want to try to keep the springs matched fronts and rears.
* Shocks, also you want to match them to the springs. This is the tough part. Roush kit and you are all set. Hotchkis, or hybrid system and you'll be searching unless you want QA1's.

Doing a little research you can find the answers. Spring rates, ride characteristics, and shocks, information can all be found. I've learned it's a lot easier to get correct, fast, information over the phone and not the internet.

With that said.......I've been there done that, email me if you want more info. on my particular set up.

Quick Reply: Hocthkis Rear Leafs with Roush Front?