Lightning

rscoleman.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rscoleman.....

I would sincerely like to know what caused that young mans truck to throw that rod.
Not so that everyone can sit around and bash a tuner...just for the knowledge of konwing what to look out for on my mods.

If you don't want to say...I understand.

Rocks

Old 11-27-2002, 12:36 AM
rocks this may not be the forum to divulge that type of information however i think rscoleman frequents ******.com forums....maybe you should try asking him over there.

hope this helps.

Old 11-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Thanks cyntax,

It is what it is...I thought. You know I don't get what all the mystery is about. I really suspect that the problem was in operator error. He started off a couple months ago asking for cheap/used parts and the young man probably just got ahead of himself on his mods...but I guess we'll never know, since it would just turn into another pizzen match.

Oh well, I have picked up some good info from it anyway.

Thanks again cyntax,

Rocks

Old 11-27-2002, 01:30 AM
hope you get squared away and didnt get too scared with modding your truck because of all this drama lately. believe me, when the weather warms up you'll hear nothing but praise when everybody starts cruising in their L's again...it'll be nothing but "thanks jdm for the LTs! and thanks sal for the chip..."

Old 11-27-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by cyntaxx
hope you get squared away and didnt get too scared with modding your truck because of all this drama lately. believe me, when the weather warms up you'll hear nothing but praise when everybody starts cruising in their L's again...it'll be nothing but "thanks jdm for the LTs! and thanks sal for the chip..."

Scared...I'm not smart enough to be scared...LOL.
I do take go fast parts more serious than I did a month or so ago. I really believe the plugs in that instance may have been the issue. But it is hard to know.

I am looking to run with the best of them once my truck is in my possesion for about a year or so. Proper dynos on a regular basis could clue us in on problems before we ruin the engines.

Something else that is occuring here...Folks read these forums and read about all the nifty go fast parts. Before you know it they are thinking it is no big deal to "plug" in the latest instant 100 H.P. ...boom blown engine and another fight over who is at fault.

Oh well...I'll step off my soap box now,

Rocks