Lightning

Billet Ford Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002 | 01:42 PM
|
Billet Ford Emblems

I did a search which didn't answer my question, so I still need some help from you guys.

Last night my front (grille) and rear (tailgate) Ford/black billet emblems came from Stylin Concepts. Both are fitted with threaded studs and nuts. Very nice pieces. Please give me direction on removal of both of the stock emblems and detail on the install, particularly if the studs are needed for the rear emblem install. I think one of the posts I found said the rear emblem is held in place with double stick tape.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-03-2002 | 02:07 PM
I dont know about the billit ones but the black ones I did were easy as hell. The front is just the screws as you know Im sure. The rear is held in place with a double sided sticky weather seal. Just take a butter knife (be careful though) and pry up one side then the other and pull it off strait. There are 2 pegs but they are for alignment only so they dont matter much for removal. I used a thin clear 2 sided tape to put the new one on and I used some foam weather stripping as well and just trimed it before I stuck it down. Hope this helps

Old 12-03-2002 | 02:13 PM
|
Answered my question perfectly. I wasn't sure if I had to dissasemble the tailgate. Thanks so much.
BTW your sig rocks!

Old 12-03-2002 | 02:20 PM
nah, that would really suck if ford made you do all that work just for an emblem .. glad to help

Old 12-03-2002 | 03:00 PM
Use fishing line to saw through the two sided tape under the tailgate emblem. Saw to the pegs from both sides and it'll come right off without chipping the paint. The original doesn't have nuts on it.

My grill emblem had no nuts on it either and I don't know how it stayed on but it did. Good luck.

Tim

Quick Reply: Billet Ford Emblems